ant398

Dec 20, 2005
I have an '81 KDX 250, and am looking for an aftermarket pipe.

I have checked the websites for Pro Circuit, FMF, DG, and have contacted Circle F as well without success.

I am trying to cross reference the part numbers on Kawasaki's site to see if any newer models might use the same pipe (to get me back in the game with the aftermarket companies). No luck so far.

I know this might be a futile effort for this dinosaur bike, but any help is appreciated.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
1989 is the earliest Pro Circuit made a KDX pipe. 1986 is the earliest FMF made a KDX pipe. DG may have made one. Answer may have made one. I doubt ANY company has made one recently or has one in stock. Your best bet is to keep a close eye on e - Bay. It may take a while, but it MAY show up! Someone has what may be an aftermarket pipe for an 80 KDX175 on there right now.

Krause and PSI made pipes in the 1980's also. You may want to keep them in mind. I do not know if they ever made a 1981 KDX250 pipe, but they are two companies to check on.

When checking the buykawasaki.com digrams, be sure to check the o-ring part numbers, as that will give some hint as to the pipe diameter in that area. You might be able to get some other model pipe and have a welding shop cut and re-weld it to fit your specific bike. Search for KDX - KX conversions and you will see where some people have made their own pipes or had someone to make it for them.

Good luck and keep that KDX250 running!!!

ant398

Dec 20, 2005
Thank you for the knowlegeable reply. I will keep my eyes open on the auction sites. I was unfamiliar with the Krause brand, so I will now pay attention to that one also.

I love my old KDX!

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
If one ever shows up on e-Bay, that will be the one to get!! Don't try to wait around on one or the other. BUY THEM ALL, try them all out and choose. :-)

Top Bottom