Aftermarket suspension

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i have a quick question.
What are some good companies that sell aftermarket suspension?
thanks.

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
WP Suspension from MX-TECH!

(If I may be so bold as to sling a little 'spam') :p

What kind of bike are you looking to put the aftermarket suspenders on>

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
a 2000 kdx 220 is what i have. How much $ is the WP suspension? and how much of an improvement would it be over the stock kdx suspension?

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
I believe it would be nothing less than a "major" improvement and the fork and shock combo would probably run about $2200.00. You'd probably also have to change the triple clamp, so consider that an extra expense.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Here in Sweden öhlins rules as aftermarket suspension for serious racers. Im sure they are some of the best and should be for the price of $3000 just for the forks!

I assume they are better than stock since they cost so much and people does really use them. But in the other hand i cant understand why they cant make stock suspension just as good? Patented technology? Costs?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Std suspension costs nearly the same if you buy it separate.The only forks i would buy are showa twin chambers as all the others are based on similar designs.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
you wouldnt have to spend much more than $2200 to get a decent MX bike with decent suspension on to start with.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…