Ah, memories...

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Today was the first day of a new journey for my son and daughter. Yep, I introduced them to motorcycle riding.

After going over all the safety and pre-ride lessons they suited up in their gear and they got their first rides under their belts. I was so proud of them as they only stalled the bike a few times and no wipeouts!

Later this evening I was sitting and thinking about my first ride on a '78 Suzuki RM50 and how I was completely hooked after one ride. That feeling of excitement and nervousness is one of my golden memories from my childhood. Now, judging by the huge grins on my kids faces, it will also be one of theirs as well.

What a great day. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cool!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Riding is so much fun, but it's GREAT when it's a family thing :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:cool:!

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
That's awesome. Can't wait for my chance to ride with my kids....don't have any yet...but I can't wait. I have vowed to never have a gaming system of any kind in my house. that's all my nephews do. tv and video games.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Yeah, my son is that way too. He just plays video games all the time. However, riding somehow captured his attention pretty strong so now he is already bugging me for his next ride! I really hope this enthusiasm for riding continues to grow and limits his gaming.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
heck yeah!!! I just remember when I was a kid, a different world...yes! I ALWAYS wanted to be outside, and I was. I hope when I have kids, they have the personality that they WANY to get out and do fun stuff!haha

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
SVTMc-G said:
I have vowed to never have a gaming system of any kind in my house.

Good luck with that. I said the same thing once. It seems to me that some kids are just outdoor kids and some are not. My youngest just turned 4 and he has a rebuilt xl 70 waiting for him when he gets big enough. So far, he is an outdoor kid and loves to go camping and throw rocks in the creek.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…