john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
Check here....

http://www.pro-flo.com/proflo_keihin_flat_slide_carbs.htm#PWK%20AIR%20STRIKERS

That's a price page; there should be info about the carbs themselves there.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Thanks ya'all, I did e-mail RB Ron at RB says there is not much real power advantage, but it's a lot more forgiving and better in the rough stuff. Sounds good enough to me. I really appreciate RB Designs (Ron's) help on this. Seems like the kind of people I want to do business with. Whether it's modifying my stocker to 36mm or getting the Airstryker. That kind of customer service, fast response, and customer assistance even for a POTENTIAL customer is RARE in this realm. I highly reccomend RB Designs.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
I should elaborate further. By "not much of a power increase" I meant not much over doing their mod to my stock carb.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'does anyone know...?'

Never heard of it.

Just kidding.........I think that thing on my bike with all them hoses is called sumthin' like that....;)

Try it. You'll like it.

re: '"not much of a power increase"

Ron won't be telling you stories.....and the difference between the airstryker and the oem pwk isn't comparative to, say, a pipe change. No argument there.

But there IS undoubtedly a difference. Throttle response is considerably enhanced, for one.

It's something to consider. IF you go the airstryker route, you'll still have the oem pwk to peddle somewheres to defray the cost if you wish.

Will give you a good comparison, too. You could switch back and forth to satisfy yourself that the AS works better.

BTW...the oem curved top lid must be used on the airstryker carb. The off-the-shelf model has a straight top that won't fit in the kdx.

Mr. black may well send it back this way, but consider using a 'D' needle...say a DEK or so.

Much fun! ;)

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I emailed Ron yesturday about the Modified Airstryker versus the Carb Mod, here's his reply:

There isn't a real big difference in the to carb mods, but the air striker has a different feel and is more forgiving in the jetting department.

They both have the same HP out put, the air striker has a little different feel.

You will be impressed with either one.

The Carb mod is $165

Modified Airstryker is $325

Both prices include shipping and handling

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Just to nit-pick...

An earlier question asked if the $ included shipping TO and from.

Of course not, of course. He will ship it back to you, but YOU ship it to HIM.

That's intuitively obvious to a casual observer, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

BTW..he may have this on his website, but DO prepare your carb before shipping. Maybe chip off some of the crud? (Clean would be nice) NO hoses.

You might even make sure there isn't any fuel sloshing around. Really! ;)

Another btw...don't fail to ship the slide of course. Just 'cuz you might want to leave it attached or something? You have to send that in to be machined. Guess he could just SELL you a #7. That way, you can 'spearmint with different slides.

Here's a thought. Have him cut your slide to a #6, and buy a #7! You'll find the #6 useful with needles as....oh, say a BEM if you want to tone your bike down from one'a these 4th gear wheelie machines we all been readin' about!

Yeah. Right.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom