Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Had plenty of things to do this morning around the house so I didn't get a chance to race today. That's not to say I didn't go to the races.

After a quick meal at Quiznos, Tigger & I headed out to watch the final round of the Summer series at the local track. I seem to have a sign on me that everyone can see except for me that says "Put Me to Work." I ended up flagging the finish line for the 2nd round of motos. I have to say it was an interesting afternoon. All was uneventfull untill the "D" class took to the gate. I motioned to Tigger to stand way back from the track. As the gate fropped about 20 of the wildest riders I've ever seen come blowing down the straight toward the 1st corner. As a couple of them bobble and scrape plastic, the guy on the XR fishtailed a few times and shot off the track proceeding to run over a poor spectator. Turns out they both were okay and the XR dude remounted in time to catch the others as they began lap 2.

The "C" class was next and the 1st guy into the corner could have beat RC or at least given him a run for his money. He was whipping over every jump and looked very smooth. Lap 2 was much a repeat of lap one then it was time for the white flag. I reached in and pulled out the flag to give the one lap left signal. As the leader came accross the finish line jump doing a pancaked whip and landing side saddle I flagged him on. He made the next jump and pulled off the track. A few seconds later 2nd place blew over the jump and passed the poor sap, I wish I could have taken a picture of the guys face as he realised what he'd done. He re-entered the track and tried like heck to catch back up as I checked to make sure I had the right flag out, which I did. :) He ended up taking a 5th when he had 1st wrapped up, maybe he was a "C" rider afterall. ;)

There were no "B" riders today so it was on to the "A" class. One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet showed up to ride on a borrowed bike. He's a pro rider about to leave for this years supercross season. It was an easy win but not without a little embarressment on his part. As he crossed the finish line to land side saddle, the suspension bottomed out and down he went.

B

biglou

Nice reprt Jeff! I started working for the local promoter here in KC this year. I'm the announcer! If I want to ride practice on race day, I can, for free, too. If I want to race, that's also free. When I go to practice at either of his tracks, guess what? Yep, free! Plus, I can race and announce the same gig. It's just that the mic is silent for the moto prior until the moto after mine whilst I prepare and then recover! Plus, he pays me about $40-50 a night when I do announce. Hard deal to beat! Get to sit around and watch and talk about MX all night and get paid! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom