Ammerillo, Lake McKensie

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Your making a bet, on luck mind you, with the luckiest guy at DRN! I'll take your bet. I'll wager a worn but still good Dunlop 707! OKKX'r, if you need some gear let us know.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Is it too late to join in on the fun? XR Guy and I would like to come, but plans are not concrete yet. We've never been there, any directions incase we can make it? What kind of weather are we looking at?

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
The more the merrier Stan! Look back through all the posts in this thread and you'll find directions and links to a map of the lake area.

Larry

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Just looked back through and found directions. Will anyone be arriving on Saturday? I'm assuming the date is still set for the 22-24? Are all the cabins taken yet? If we do make it, we'd probably want to stay in one. How are they equpped? Matresses and heat is really all that matters.

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I think there is only one cabin, but there might be a spot or two for yous guys. I can't remember, but I think it sleeps more than 4. There is three of us in on it now.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Stan, like Danman said, there are 3 in the cabin as of now with a capacity of 6. If no one has taken the open slots by the time you know you're coming, you're in. There's also a local weather link back on page 7 of the thread I think, that you can watch the weather forecasts. Ride date hasn't changed.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Looks like I got excited and spoke too soon, guys. As of now, we have a trip planned to Waxahatchie for Thanksgiving, and, odds are we won't make it. I hope the Texas guys and Heartland Spodes are still planning on Doing Muenster in January when Tony can ride. We wil definately be there, no doubt about it :cool:

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
So who all is in the cabin? At the top of page seven Bundu says to count him in and that makes four.

Larry

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by BSWIFT
DWreck (Derek)edited by request ;)

Very nice! :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
You guys that are in the cabin speak up. I'm in. What day will you be arriving. I'm only 2 hrs away. I would like to get there on friday, but can leave out early on Sat.

Bundu - Yep
Person8 - Yep
DWerk?
Me - Yep

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
DWreck dropped out of the cabin and is staying with Butch in an RV. So that makes 3 again. Dan, Larry and Allen so far is what I have. I'd take a slot myself but I figured I'd save the slots for the people coming from out of town that otherwise would be staying in tents or didn't stay with someone in an RV.

So far, I have 3 RVs coming that I know of. Butch, JohnF3, and my pop-up.

I'll be there Friday Dan, so come on up if you want.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
TR42, Derek - I am off Monday, so give me a shout if you want to ride Monday.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
My mistake Derek, I knew you were staying with somebody. I forgot Justin was bringing an RV. I'll bet Butch was thinking "that's news to me!".

Got the cabin and all 6 RV sites reserved today. Got a look at the cabin interior. There's 4 single beds and 1 double so a couple of you guys are gonna have to get chummy with each other. The cabin is a 3 bedroom. 2 rooms have 2 single beds and the 3rd has the double bed. It has an electric furnace, microwave, small fridge, 3/4 bath with hot and cold water. Small kitchen with dining area, table and chairs. The bedrooms close off with their own doors for privacy.

Got an idea of the route for a poker run today. Thought I should keep it fairly easy so the kids and less experienced can do it if they want. Also spied a possibility for a new intermediate to expert trail. There are also some deer trails thru some dense trees and brush that might make for some interesting trial with a little clearing work. We'll see.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Two weeks to go! Woohoo! Got new tires, hoses, and brakes on the truck. I'm ready to go!

Larry

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm looking forward to this trip. Did Janette remember us?

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I change up my work schedule to be nice....now I miss all the cool riding! Man, this stinks. You guys have fun. I go back out to the Gulf on the 19th. :flame:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Bummer.:(

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Yes Brian, I think she does. I emailed her a link to my spodefest pic page from our last ride a while back. She thanked me today for sending it.

I checked all the GFCIs in the electrical boxes at camp today to make sure they're all in working order so we don't have to rewire stuff like we did last time.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Went back to MacKenzie today. Boy was it a nice day. Good day for riding but all I did was clear trail. When I was down there Friday I spied some neat trail possibilities. It's an intermediate to expert trail, pretty much one way as of now, but I did clear a few alternates around some of the tricky sections. Just need to mark it with ribbon now. I think you all will like it. I haven't ridden it yet. Gonna wait til I have someone with me before I do that.

Talked to Jeanette today about collecting fees. Last time we all walked in at once and overwelmed her with trying to do all the paperwork, collect fees and run the buffet at the same time and it took a while to get everyone paid up. This time I'm gonna collect the fees and have everyone on one permit. If you're staying in someone elses RV, I won't collect a camp fee from you, just the owner. You guys can settle up between you. The park Ranger will be around during the day to verify I had the proper head count. So I'll have a list with everyone on it, number of bikes, mode of camping, etc.. and a total of what your fees will be. I'd like to have everyones fees for the weekend paid up before we hit the trails Sat. morning. That way they're taken care of and we don't have to mess with them when we go in for Sun. morn. buffet. You'll still pay Jeanette for meals after you eat. If you're staying in the cabin, you'll pay Jeanette. Divey up the rental between you. Cabin check-in is 2pm, check-out is Noon but she said she won't hold us to those unless she has reservations for someone else before or after us, which she doesn't as of now. If you get in after the restraunt closes and you're staying in the cabin, it will be unlocked. Shoooey! What else? Any questions?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:)

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Can't wait! I'm going to bring the bike out to the desert tomorrow and do a few miles of sand whoops. Gotta try and get my arms into shape for some of that awesome Lake McKenzie riding!

Larry

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Motohead00 you will be missed. Trailryder42 we appreciate the work that you are putting into this, now if you could only make Amarillo a little closer and make sure the weather is perfect. I don't think that we could ask anything more of you.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…