Amsoil Dominator?

crhines

Aug 27, 2006
Any comments on this stuff from KDX users? Any complaints or comments on spooge and smoke?

I've been trying different oils, most recently Motul 800 at 40:1. Motul seems to be very dirty (spooge and smoke wise) compared to Golden Spectro.

Would like to know comments on Dominator before I try it.

Thanks

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
The latest concensus is that Interceptor is the better choice for KDX's, due to its higher detergents helping to clean the powervalve.

I have run Dominator for years and just recently switched to Interceptor.

Spooge is usually a sign of rich jetting, not oil choice.

kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
I have been running interceptor and like it. The Dominator states it is for racing engines. I have rejetted and am on the fat side as far as spooge is concerned, but my 4 stroke buddies don't complain about smoke when tailing me. I'd recommend interceptor if you haven't done any major engine mods. I also like the detergent boast of interceptor (although I haven't had the engine apart yet(runs too good still)).

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
I use Amsoil Dominator 45:1 and have been very happy. At rebuild, things look pretty clean. In the past,I used Golden Spectro and Yamalube and found more carbon and goo.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…