razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Has anybody used Amsoil? I have talked with one of their dealers on the phone he seems to be able to make you a pretty good price if you buy in bulk (4 1 gallons) and pay $20.00 to become a preferred buyer. I just am not sure about the quality but have been thinking of giving it a try.

Jim

ABS13

Apr 15, 2004
I use Amsoil products exclusively and have had great results. I use Dominator at 32:1 and also use their Motorcycle 10w-40 for the tranny. Of course, there are many other good synthetic lubrication products on the market (just search the posts).

I became an Amsoil "preferred customer" ($20/yr) which lets me buy at dealer prices. My son races so I go through a fair amount of product. I purchase by the case which makes the price very reasonable since you must pay shipping (unless you live near one of their distribution centers). You can also become a dealer and participate in the multi-level marketing system. They are nice folks to deal with and have very good customer service.

TEEEE

Jul 18, 2004
I ran Amsoil Series 2000 2-stroke oil in modified jetski engines for a long time with no problems at all. Like most major brands, it's good oil. Looks like they either changed the name or reformulated it (or both) and it is now the "Dominator".

If you use a lot, the dealer or preferred customer route is a good idea.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I've tried many oils over the years and Amsoil is simply the best IMO. It burns super clean and won't clog your KIPS valve. Low smoke. Seems to make better horsepower for me in anything I use it in. It does run better at 40:1 or 50:1 than it does at 32:1. (jetted accordingly of course) The best route to buying it is to get a dealer to sign you up as a "retail" account and it won't cost you a dime but enables you to the dealer pricing. You can buy a case 0f 4 1 gallons jugs for around $25 each.

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Amsoil Synthetic

After trying several diiferent pre-mix oils I've settled on the Amsoil Interceptor mixed @40:1. Used it exclusively this year in my KDX and my sons hi-perf YZ. Much less smoke, no spooge,will be doing both top ends soon and let you know how they look. Try a quart of Amsoil or any synthetic and see what you think, at 40:1, you'll get 10 gals. of fuel from a quart and should know wether or not you would want to order by the gallon! Have fun, Jim G

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Thank you very much for you information i really appreciate the inout i think i will buy a case of gallons the first time around i have (3) 2 stroke machines and go through a lot of oil.

Jim

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom