Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Wish i could have been there to see ya! The thrill of victory and the agony of the broken bike!Dirt biking is the coolest hobby on this earth as far as I am concerned and when you have a fabulous day riding there is such a high! Keep up the climbing! Share pic if you can!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Dirtymotonut said:
Wish i could have been there to see ya! The thrill of victory and the agony of the broken bike!Dirt biking is the coolest hobby on this earth as far as I am concerned and when you have a fabulous day riding there is such a high! Keep up the climbing! Share pic if you can!

Yeah, i hear you. And next time i go ill get a couple pictures of the hill climbs and be going up. And the track and such. kschilk has pictures on his myspace of him on the track. Go take a look, they are pretty cool :cool: .

Bike is still broken. Looking for an alternative to the $40 bolt.

And everywhere you guys are talking are to far for me :( . So have fun!

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
Moparman1539 said:
Yeah, i hear you. And next time i go ill get a couple pictures of the hill climbs and be going up. And the track and such. kschilk has pictures on his myspace of him on the track. Go take a look, they are pretty cool :cool: .

Bike is still broken. Looking for an alternative to the $40 bolt.

And everywhere you guys are talking are to far for me :( . So have fun!

Get the bike fixed, we'll figure something out.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
_JOE_ said:
The Dunes are only like 2 miles from 79?

Yeah, if that...I think it's less than a mile east of I-79, to where you turn onto Barron Rd...then about a half mile or so, to SRD. I go in the other way, from US 8.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I live less than 5 minutes from 79. We're all the way up at the end. I can't see it taking more than an hour to get there. It's less than 80 miles and all highway. Maybe we'll take a trip down next month, as we've got plans for the rest of this month. Maybe one of the first sundays in september?

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
I'm in! :nod: They're having a weekend bash there, over Labor Day....bands, contests and stuff. Hopefully that won't recruit a crowd for the following weekends. That track is cool but it won't support a lot of bikes. I'd rather not do it on the 21st, though....my wife only has the third weekend of every month off and she's probably gonna' make me do the putt-the-trails thing, at Timberline. :( I'm sure I can work it out, if it has to be on that weekend.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I saw that little shin dig on thier schedule. I'm not really one for a crowd. How big is the off road swap meet on the following weekend?

We'll have to try to do a family ride next year. My wife rides too, but she's pregnant now so no go for this season.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
I dunno' about the swap meet....kinda' rare around here so it might be packed.

Well geez' man, CONGRATULATIONS! When's she due? That's awesome....nothing like the pitter-patter of li'l MX boots! :) The family thing would be sweet but be warned...I'll be comin' in with about a dozen, most of 'em on minis. :laugh:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
I'm working on it. My bike needs a $40 bolt. I am now in the process of trying to find a bolt that will work that is cheaper. I just started working at burger king, so when my first paycheck comes in i should be able to fix it.

SRD is 2.1 miles away from The Slippery rock exit on 79. Its 11 miles from Rt 8 (depending on which way you go) And Switchback is about 17 miles away from The Slippery rock dunes.

_JOE_ it took us about a hour and a half in a mini van to get to Erie exit from here. And we got on 79 about 10miles south from Slippery rock.

Also, You don't have to go on an event weekend. When i went there was about 5 other trucks with people. And around 6 o'clock me and my friend were the only ones left there. We had all the trails, and the track to ourselves. It was nice.

And congrats on the kind _JOE_. Are you sure you guys want to hang out with a couple of teenagers? (me and maybe some of my friends)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Thanks guys! This one's a girl, so the wifey's all exited. We also have twins boys who turned 3 yesterday, so we're workin on our dozen to bring riding, lol. I don't plan on introducing them to the sport till they're 4 or 5, as long as they seem ready and want to do it. We got them a John Deere Gator for the b-day so they can get a feel for a powered vehicle.

Moparman, I know we can go whenever. Sundays are really the only day that works for me and it just so happens that there's events the first few weeks in sept. Were you guys goin exactly the speed limit or something when it took you an hour and a half to get to Erie? I can get to Pittsburgh in that amount of time. I have no problem with teenagers as long as you're not a knucklehead. ;)

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Well, i was doing about 65 - 70mph... and there was some construction. But the speed only went do to 55mph. I was with my mom so i wasn't overly speeding.

And I'm not a knucklehead. But i don't like to ride slow. And I'm always pushing myself, But you wont see me doing burnouts/doughnut or speeding threw the pits or stuff to endanger people.

My friend, might talk crap but he rides slow, and if anyone else goes it would be a girl on a quad...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I think I'll plan on an hour and fifteen or twenty minutes. My trusty stallion Ranger might not like doin over 70 the whole way with two guys, two bikes and all our crap. You guys go early? I prefer to go in the morning and leave around 3 or 4 so I have the evening with the boys.

Lol, I'm glad your not a knucklehead. :cool: We try to keep up a good pace for a couple mid twenties family guys who are fairly out of shape. We're both new to the track thing. We both had a complete blast on our last trip to Mapleshade. It made me realize my tires sucked so I got some new ones for this weekend. :cool:

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
When I went to SRD, the MX track didn't open 'til 1PM. We got there about 11AM and the owner was working on the track. He signed us in and told us he'd be done in about 45 minutes, then we could go out. I don't know if that's an every day thing, or not.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
_JOE_ said:
That's fine. I'de be just as happy in the woods. I can't wait to see some of the climbs.

lol, well to me they were big. but you may have seen bigger. I found a picture on "The Dunes" myspace. Its not a real good picture, but you can see them. And they are steeper in real life than the pic.

http://www.myspace.com/slipperyrockdunes

This is the top of the climb, thats the wall i hit when i made it over the top. Of you look at the very bottom left thats the top of one, and it looks like they are turning to go down the another. I don't remember how many there were, i think like 5.

I emailed them to try and get a good picture of them awhile ago, but no avail.

l_9b26871c499bbac7dc4ee20178e82364.jpg

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Either of you guys gonna be there on the 17th? Were probly going to make run down about 10 or so.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
:yeehaw: I"ll be there, probably with my son and maybe a couple others! I broke my foot, jumping a pit-bike on Sunday but once I get a boot jammed on it, I'll be ready to ride. :nod:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:cool: We plan to leave around 9. Sometimes we actually get on the road on time, usually not. I drive a little white ranger. There will be an rm250 and my crf in it. The crf might be white by then. :laugh:

How big are the trails?

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
_JOE_ said:
:cool: We plan to leave around 9. Sometimes we actually get on the road on time, usually not. I drive a little white ranger. There will be an rm250 and my crf in it. The crf might be white by then. :laugh:

How big are the trails?

I don't know if i can make it. Depends on if i get my bike fixed or not. A friend of my dads said he will Make a bolt for me. Hopefully he has it done tommarrow, but i doubt it. And i got a $30 paycheck from burger king... soo its not helping me.

And the trails are about as wide as a quad. And about 4 miles of trails. Tight.

If i do go, ill be a crappy Blue Chevy 2500, with a light blue passenger door. Exhaust leak, and a old KX250 in the back. And maybe a small 100 beater bike. (i stick out like a soar thumb)

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
I was there, with some of my gang but Joe couldn't make it. Really, it was kind of a messed-up day so ya' didn't miss much. I was there before the track actually opened but everyone else in my group, didn't show-up until almost 1 PM. They'd over-watered the track that morning so I tooled around on the smaller hillclimbs for a bit, before gettin' on the track.

There weren't many other riders there yet but a few of us got a pretty good race going...that was cool! Once the track dried a bit, traction was decent but you could tell they hadn't done any other maintenance on it...pretty well rutted and scalloped, in some critical spots. Around noon, it started to get crowded and about half of 'em were quads. :whoa: These weren't racing quads, either...looked like most of 'em had never even ridden trails before. Luckily, they stuck pretty much to the trails and sand, most of the day. Still, the dust was a problem everywhere! All those quads were making a dust cloud that continuously wafted across the track and even the hillclimbs.

Around 3:30, a guy crashed hard on the back triples and they shut-down the track, 'til about 6 PM or so. All of my group and most everyone else had already left, when they opened the track up again. It was awesome, for about 15 minutes...then it turned into the "Fat Farmer On A Four-Wheeler 500"! :bang: These clowns were putting around and stopping to chat, all over the track....at the bottom of jumps & in the middle of turns! :eek: I was outa' there, by 7:30. It wasn't a total waste of time, I had some fun...the plan just never quite came together. Now & then, ya' get days like that....it's all good.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, my co-pilot bailed out on me after I got all loaded up and was heading out the door. We're planning on doing Rocky Gap this weekend.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
_JOE_ said:
Yeah, my co-pilot bailed out on me after I got all loaded up and was heading out the door. We're planning on doing Rocky Gap this weekend.

I had to order the spokes for my front wheel so it looks like Hondzilla won't be ready in time. :( I'll have to run it on my 650.

*BTW...some of the pics from Sunday are up, on myspace.

Top Bottom