Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Well my good companion of 12 years passed away recently,and I thought I would honor his memory be sharing his life story.I got him in 1993 when he was less than a year old. He was an abused dog that we rescued from the S.P.C.A and it took some time for him to trust us.We had many good times over the years and just a few bad ones. There was the time he got on the coffee table and ate a whole bowl of chocolate.The vet said it was a good thing it was low quality otherwise it would have killed him.He did suffer for a few days passing all the wrappers if you know what I mean.There was the time he had the lump in his neck that turned out to be a cancerous tumor that we had operated on and he made a full recovery.There was the time he bit the pizza delivery person(the kid was taunting him and he just nipped him) and luckily no charges were pressed so we didn't have to put him down. Other than that he was the most loyal loving companion anyone could ever ask for.His loss has been just devastating to my wife and I and with Christmas he was sorely missed by the whole family.It is amazing how attached we can become to our pets. He was just like a child to us.We are very lucky that we have another dog to come home to but he just can't be replaced.There will always be something missing without him here. Godspeed my squirrel hunting friend. Casey September 1992 to December 2004 You will be missed. Forever Faithful,Forever at Peace

Attachments

• mondo1.jpg
    mondo1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 39

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sorry for your loss. Your post brought a tear to my eyes and a flood of memories. I went through the same thing the week before Christmas.

Our pets are more than family in some ways because they never talk back, only listen.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I got this from our Vet when I had to put down our Lab last Summer
IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle can't be won

You will be sad- I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want to suffer so,
When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me until the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see

I know in time you too will see
It is kindness you do for me.
Although my tail- it's last has waved.
from pain and sufferring I've been saved.

Don't grieve that it should be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close- through all these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

You gave Casey 12 great years he would not have had

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry to hear mate. Pets are a big part of my life too and I know how you feel when one passes on.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry about the loss, I know it really hurts when you lose a pet.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet is never easy, may Casey forever be in your memories.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Thank you all for your kind words.(He was not as mean as he looks in that picture,we were camping and he had just woke up)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Sorry for your loss. It truly is amazing how attached we come to our pets. We have 3 dogs, one named Casey, too. It would be tragic if anything happened to any of them, but eventually the time will come...

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh no, that's too bad! I'm sorry to hear. Will miss him running around the campsite. :(

Top Bottom