yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Hey guys-
Long time no see. As you all have experienced at some point in time, life gets really busy and priorities shift sometimes. Well my priorities started shifting last fall away from dirtbikes when I had to work on college applications. Shortly after those, I started dating a girl. That's really a killer for the ole' time and money. I've fallen out of contact with most of you, but looking back I see there is something really special about DRN. The sense of selfless community is remarkable. We made it through 9/11 together. You helped me when my dad was having heart problems. I really appreciate those of you who took time to talk or ride with me.
Well, that girl and I have long since broken up. I'm a freshman at Wheaton College here in Chicagoland. It's really too cold to function for this boy from D.C. I'm loving it here. The plan is still for me to be a surgeon, but we'll see how that works out. A few weeks after school started my dad called me to inform me that he sold my CR125. My dirtbiking days are done here for a bit, but I'm sure I'll return sometime in the future. Hope everything is going well for you guys,
-Stephen

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Just make it to a ride with us and we'll hook you up with a bike. Just don't throw away your gear!!!!

Good luck with medical school.

Maybe if you become a brain surgeon you can help Patman fix a few things that are wrong with him :p

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
truespode said:
Maybe if you become a brain surgeon you can help Patman fix a few things that are wrong with him :p

Ivan

It's been tried, each attempt has failed miserably :laugh:

Now if you want to be a knee doc I'll be your life long pal! ;)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I feel for ya yzeater. I'm also away at school (engineering at the University of Alberta) but I've been lucky in that I've been able to keep my bike. Even if you have to take a break from bikes, don't make it permanent!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Several people were wondering if you had been ubducted by the lil black helicopters?
Good to see you're still alive and kicking. Don't feel bad, it's turned quite frigid here in the last 2 days.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Well, Well, Well!! Young mister yzeater is back!!! I think someone started a thread about you a while back wondering what the heck happened to you! Good to hear from you!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
become an ortho surgeon and fix my ankle. or you could give free medical advice to drners.

funny, college is how i got into dirtbikes. i was going to osu at stillwater. my little brother would come up and visit me on weekends. he would bring his three-wheeler (this was back in the 80's) and i would take him out to the 500 and let him ride. i got tired of watching, bought a bike at a garage sale for $250 and became an instant addict.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Hey there mister, don't you go quitting on us yet. I have plenty of garage space about an hour south of you if ya wanna pick something up cheap and store it here. There is some riding to be had about an hour west of me.

Or if ya just wanna hang, gimme a shout and we'll go act like fools! Drink like fish, throw dollar bills at scantilly clad professional dancers, whatever! Wanna hang and watch the Anaheim race? Just let me know!

Hell, I even have an in at the Hooters in Aurora.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
hmmm . . . you don't seem as pretentious as before. Is Wheaton College the best college ever? You gonna be a proctologist?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
YZ,

Glad to hear things are going so good. Good luck with the schooling. Don't make it so long between visits. :)

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
XRP, I apologize for not being as pretentious as before. Sometimes we change for the worse? Wheaton College is not the best ever, but it works pretty well for me. I like it here. I could be a proctologist, butt I'm not sure that it's right for me. As of now, I'd like to do reconstructive surgery (cleft palates, etc). One exam down, one to go. If ya'll are going to do any kinda group ride in the area, I'd love to join in

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I know how you feel. I'm heading off to post-secondary in the fall and am in the process of trying to sell my bike so I have some extra money when I get there. :(

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Good luck!!! It's an honorable profession. One of my bro-in-laws is a cutter. Great money but he's not around my sis and their kids very much. One of the drawbacks to "on call".

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
yz: It has been too long. I forgot who said it but I agree ...

Do not throw out your gear

You know our favorite mad scientist lives right there in Chicagoland, right?

What you are facing is a noble and difficult climb. I wish you the best of luck because only the strong persevere and achieve the summit you face.

Dirtbiking and your friends here can bring much strength and balance to the often maddening world of academics. If I were in your shoes I would chart a trail to jaction125's house so you know where to decompress.

We will be here anytime you want to look us up, and don't forget, we have a fair number of docs that can offer some perspective on the rigors you face.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
TwinSpar said:
One of my bro-in-laws is a cutter. Great money but he's not around my sis and their kids very much. One of the drawbacks to "on call".

yep, my dad was a doctor. we didn't see much of him.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
If you come back home for spring break, we can hook up for a ride or 2?

Top Bottom