njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
where do you guys send your stuff to get anodized? shipping is not a big issue with me, as long as the company is reputable.

I need to get my outer fork tubes re-anodized the blue color from the early 90's. I was also thinking about getting the swingarm done as well - still not sure.

I have a local shop that can powdercoat, but i think the added material from powdercoating will not work well with forks & triple clamps.

so, i have read a bunch of poeple get stuff anodized... so let me know who you used, what you got done, and if you were pleased with the final product.

2-Strokedness

Oct 24, 2005
Powder coating or Anodization?

Easy choice......
Mate you really want to go with powder coating, my old Trucks on my skateboard (Destructo's) where anodized, and beleive me it does look nice, but it wron't last anywhere near as long as a powder coat.
Let me make some sense to you:

Firstly, if your forks are in a less than impressive state, have any chips, or the material is degrading, including the finish on them, then I would suggest you get them firstly Sand blasted, this process would get all cavaties and little annoyances out of the way, including the finish on them.
The sand is shot out at 400 miles an hour, the end result is the bare metal, to its purest state, then comes the powder coating........:)
For the powder coating, well it's the best setting, most even coat you can get. It's a slow process if you want it done properly, each coat is as even as you can get (hardly any undulations if any), it's put on very thinly,layer for layer until you get the desired finish, KTM use it on their frames, honnestly I couldn't advice you more for this, and the cost well, bargain something like £600 if you include both processes, maybe more, hope it works out for ya.

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
i would think the powdercoat would have a clearance issue when the fork tubes are re-installed in the triple clamps.

maybe i will just get a carbon sticker to go over the entire tube... i think that is an easy way out.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
anodization soaks into the first few layers of the metal from what I understand. Are your tubes faded? I'd be concerned with powder coating the tubes for the reason that you give.

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
found my rear rim to be cracked. :(

the outer fork tubes will most likely get a sticker at this point - as a rim is more improtant than un-faded fork tubes

Top Bottom