XRIowa

Dec 8, 2004
Alright I mostly get it with the XR4 forks but what about the rear spring my grenaded XR has Eibach springs set to my weight and an eibach shock spring as well will the rear spring from the XR fit my KDX as well?
Thanks guys

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
Dunno if it fits; if it's the same length or more importantly, diameter, then it probably would. However, the main point is WHY would you bother...the stock spring is plenty good enough for the majority of riders, so unless you're a really heavy bloke there is probably no point.

The stock spring is a 5kg I think; I wouldn't have any idea what spec an XR400 shock spring is. You would have to work out what spring you need first.

XRIowa

Dec 8, 2004
Yea I love it when I blew up my XR and bought the KDX I was going to change to KDXIowa then I saw your name.... Oh well!!! LOL
Where in Iowa are you from???
And thanks for the reply I dont know if I am a heavy "bloke" 6'1" 120lbs I was just worried that it would unbalance the bike guess I will try it

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
The XR400 shock spring is about 2" shorter than the KDX spring. If you're 120lbs I think I'd keep the stock fork springs and go lighter on the rear spring...like a 4.6 kg. I weigh more than a hundred pounds more than you and the rear 5.0 kg is perfect for my riding style with my weight.

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
XRIowa said:
Yea I love it when I blew up my XR and bought the KDX I was going to change to KDXIowa then I saw your name.... Oh well!!! LOL
Where in Iowa are you from???
And thanks for the reply I dont know if I am a heavy "bloke" 6'1" 120lbs I was just worried that it would unbalance the bike guess I will try it

If your 120 lbs, I'm the president of the United States. :nener:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom