Anouther Bog problem for you lot!

youngone

Sep 12, 2004
Hey guys
I have a kdx 125 (not a 220 or 200) i usally dont get help b/c its a 125 so hope you can this time
Ive read on some of the other boggin threads aswel
Here goes ITS just have a the crank bearings replaced and the seals and there's sill a slight bit of black oil by the exhaust port so...
But i have this boggin problem in top rpm range 1st aint that bad but as the gears go u its get worse
i had the carb off because it was pissing out the overflow
it was dirt, the petcock is off my airbox lid is int off but the snorkle is
could any of you suggest anything to try and look at
Thanks in advance

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Perhaps your problem is fuel flow to the carb. If you have an in line fuel filter remove it for testing. While you have it out or just have the fuel line disconnected drain fuel into your gas can from the gas tank and see if the flow is good for a few minutes straight--to be sure the filter in the tank is not a problem and to be sure the tank is properly vented. Your engine may be starving rather than bogging.

If you have been working on your bike--there is a good chance that the gas is old drain it all out--burn it in somebody's car and start fresh on your premix. Also since your found dirt in your carb--find out where it came from and be sure it does not happen again. Take the plug about 15mm out of the bottom of the carb bowl and clean it before replacing. It never hurts to drain a little fuel through the carb to wash things out while you have the drain plug out.

Let us know how you get along. Cheers John

FeelinFordy

Feb 13, 2005
Be sure to look closely at the float needle tip and seat. I fould some small bits of gasket (off gas cap) lodged above the seat that would trap the needle it off the seat in the used KDX I just purchased. Could not figure out why after adjusting the floats it was still pissing gas. Found this by spraying carb cleaner into the fuel inlet and then looking closely at the seat area. Good luck!

youngone

Sep 12, 2004
cheers guys
Its weird because it was running ok the other week and now boggin and if i keep the throttle back it will cut out so...
anouther problem now is it wont start
my chain riped through two wire that connect to the what i think is the stator (could this be the problem) anyone know how much it will cost to replace
im nearly given up on this bike :bang:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…