overbore

Dec 24, 2001
has anyone tried using the new anti freeze that isnt silica based for the newer cars in there bikes to keep from paying 10 bucks for a 50/50 mixture of maxima coolant?hate getting riped for half water already at 5 bucks for a half gallon of it of water.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
For about $4 you can get a gallon of propylene glycol and a gallon of distilled water and have plenty of high-tech mix for several change-outs.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Where at?I bought some of the new antifreeze for the newer cars that is pink and says that it has no silica in it.wondering if it would to be fine.bought a gallon for 5 bucks and distilled water for a buck and still cheaper than maxima at one fourth of a gallon at 10 bucks.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I've Dex-Cool in all my water cooled bikes now and have no problem. Just a note: you need a different tester to check the strength.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
I think thats what I bought being dex cool which is what gm recommends for later vehicles.Do you just mix 50/50 and let it go at that?Thanks for the reply.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Mix with the least amount of anti-freeze you can. Depending on what part of the state you live in, check the chart on the anti-freeze and it will tell you the ratio's for given temp. lows.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom