gymrat86

Dec 20, 2005
Hey guys, what kind of antifreeze do I buy for my 2003 KDX 200. I also need help with trying to choose a pipe for my bike. I want to get the most for my money. I typicaly ride on hard and soft clay and in the sand. My main reason for wanting a new pipe is for more power to do wheelies and to burnout going up hill. I am tierd of stalling out due to no power in 3rd and 4th gear going uphill. What does anyone suggest. I am limmited on money so I want to make sure I spend it wisely. Please also let me know what is the best pre-mix for my bike. It has already been jetted and has a new piston. thanks for your time.

Paul

if anyone lives in virginia and wants to trail ride let meknow i have access to alot of land

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
Use an antifreeze that is suitable for aluminium engines (most are ) , the oil mixture should be 32 : 1 as recommended by Kawasaki , you will get a lot of people who recommend 40 : 1 , not going to make the bike faster . When it comes to pipe I would recommend the Pro Circuit Platinum 2 as it gives more power from bottom all the way to top . You will also find problems people have had with FMF's when it comes to fitting and also silencers that break from this forum .
With the PC pipe and correct jetting I can wheelie up to third without problems and bounce the bike up in fourth .

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I also run Prestone mixed 50/50. Many people have problems with the 220's over heating. Mine is pretty heavily modified and I had no problems even in mid 90's heat running a horribly tight harescramble (mostly 1st gear stuff). If there was ever a time it should have boiled over, that was it.

Oil mixture is a big preference thing. I generally go around 36:1, and I have no ryhme or reason for it. If it's gets colder I mix a little thinner (40:1) because it means I have more gas entering the engine and there for slightly richer jetting.

Pipe is another big preference thing. I am running an FMF rev pipe and like it. If I was starting over from stock I'd probably go with Pro Circuit. Since money is tight, don't worry about a silencer. The stocker is pretty good, just a bit heavy.

What gearing do you run? If you have problems climbing hills because one gear is too high and the next is too low you could go larger on the rear sprocket. Going to a 49 or 50 tooth rear will help to tighten the gear spacing. If you are having trouble stalling because you are in 4th gear when you need to be in 2nd, well, that's a riding technique you'll need to correct.

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
If your worried about overheating, buy some 'evans coolant' and you will never have a problem again. If you have not heard of evans coolant, try doing a search. It works like a charm.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Use Kawa Chem products mix the coolant 50/50 with distilled water. As I have mentioned before on this site, I run a FMF Desert (Rev') pipe with the modded out carb and Devol radiator guards. I weigh over 200#'s and ride in the Mid South.
Never have had an overheating problem, and the bike needs to work pretty hard to get my fat a** around.

Top Bottom