shaft

May 8, 2000
I have a 95 CR125 and I've been running 927 castor until I started getting carbon seized powervalves.It seemed like every other week I would have stuck valves.I'm putting in a new topend, the piston and ring looked real good but my valves once again stuck in place.I was wondering if anyone has had good results with Maxima K2(100% synthetic).

Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
I was using Castrol TTS all along and I tried a bottle of Maxima K2 Formula upon a friend's recommendation.

Somehow, I feel that the power valve "opens up easier". I had my auto-lube mechanism removed going pre-mix thus, I dunno whether izzit attributed to the pre-mix change or the change in oil. However, it's a bit costly.....

Think I will go back to Castrol TTS.
If it's good enough for Ricky Carmichael, I'm sure it's good enough for us. 8)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
This isn't what you're asking for but at least it's the same family. The Maxima SuperM works prefect in my bike with virtually no carbon buildup. You might want to give it a try.

Feb 25, 2001
Oil is oil..they all 3 are gonna protect about the same the 927,superm,tts, & maximas full sythetic...remember oil is oil buy the cheapest (super M) and run that forever. I guarantee you wont seize a motor. Never heard of a person bombing a motor due to oil. maybe oil ratio but not oil alone. I dont think you have to worry about wear and wear protection because any oil ont his market is not going to prolong times inbetween top ends.

Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
One more thing to add though.
Castor 927 from Maxima still does not burn cleanly.
They only recommend it that is if you take your engine apart frequently
for cleaning.

Top Bottom