Any LEO/SpecOp types here? Question.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
And here I was going to give him some serious advice that I gathered from my 29 yrs as a full time LEO (Sorry just a cop not a real mallcop). Before I retired I watched as some of our younger gungho newbies tried every type of armor they could find or make to compensate for over active imaginations of how fierce that little old lady who didn't get the refund for her dress that must be mismarked as to the sizing. The best solution I saw was the guy who stayed home in his basement so nobody could poach a shot at him.
Let me know when the mall has a special on aluminum foil hats

TrackBall

Sponsoring Member
Mar 26, 2002
oldguy said:
serious advice that I gathered from my 29 yrs

some people here understand the risks we security officers undergo to protect the people, would we exist if our jobs were useless??? I tell you that we are undervalued for our beneficial effect on society at large, for the urban and suburban shopping centers see %80 of the armed violence in this nation, and why don’t the cops take care of it, because they are a bunch of wusses, and they are not man enough to put up with the danger and stress. You all who are makeing fun of me have never been threatened by jailed drug dealers, serial killers, and shoplifters, or fired at by high powered rifles.

I am considering a transfer to a line of work that is much less boring, and the equipment and the opponents you have listed intrigues me. The whole mall gig is getting old, and I feel less and less appreciated at our retail center. What I am trying to say is, does "the corportation" have room for a few good men? Another fearless crusader, to watch over the safety of the halfwitted masses? I believe that my tac-team may be able to continue without me, I hate to leave them at the mercy of the skinheaded “heil Hitler” crowd, but that op will be finished out of my juris diction one way or the other. The NYPD has dealt with the Crips long enough, they should be able to keep their heads above surface should I cease my endless pursuit of them, but I just have to wonder if working ops on a traveling freelance basis once again wouldn’t be just the thing to rejuvanate my career.

I wondered.

But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot, the target practice with my dearest comrades and friends, the members of my teams, and our live fire exercises-Can I leave it all behind? should I?

Or is my life better spent as the silent, alert, stalwart, invisible guardian of the free mall…

I cannot tell.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I can only guess that you're trolling, so I'll bite.

I have great body armor with SAPI Plates (or how ever you spell it) and a matching (and VERY important) cod piece! So I'm guess that I have access to body armor worthy of your "needs"

My first bit of advice is to find the info you're looking for on a something other then a dirt bike site. Honestly what do you expect?

Secondly stop trying to inflate your ego. What mall do you work at, or in what part of the country is it in? Folsom prison, Corcoran, or Pelican Bay? I've never heard of a mall the seem to need a sniper ready to shoot center mass on an unruly mall-goers just to keep the peace.

Relax, the people shoping in the mall may act like zombies, but they are not going to eat your brains on a whim so stop plainning for it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dude maybe you should get a bonus pack of ShamWow's and place them between your plates, they absorb everything so the impact should be nothing. Being made in Germany they have to be precission pieces. Just ask for Vince when you order and I'm sure he'll set you up. They come with a 10 year warranty as well so if it doesn't work for ya' send them back.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Thank you, Trackball...thank you! My day is much improved, now!

Do me a favor, though, instead of scaring off young men and women who may aspire to your position, could you tell them what a "normal" day is like instead of the really bad ones? It might help in recruitment.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
What I do is wear a IIIA over my IIA. The IIIA has front and back trauma plates as well as an extended collar in back to give the neck extra shrapnel/blunt trauma protection. Instead of carrying ceramic plates in your briefcase, get a tactical helmet with visor that you can strap on to your outer vest. Let it hang for maximum comfort, but its available when you need to spring into action, provides maximum protection (mine also has ear shields with built in sound reduction), and the best part is that your hands are now free to lob smoke grenades since you don't have to hold the ceramic plates.

Oh, the rule of thumb is never "turn and run"...always strafe away never losing visual on your adversary. You don't want him to gain tactical advantage. If you are always the guy that "catches the rounds", get a ballistic shield with viewing port and tactical light mount. This is much more resistant to repeated 308 rounds and you get far fewer broken ribs. This also reduces the chance of losing an arm or a leg due to errant high power rifle rounds and shotgun blasts. I don't use the shield myself but my tactical vest has an extra hook for easy shield carrying. Wear some knee pads because jumping into shield position can fracture your patella if not careful.

TrackBall

Sponsoring Member
Mar 26, 2002

Back when I was working inventory loss prevention, we dealt mostly against gang members and other assorted thugs. People don’t realize the sort of gear these guys are packing. Gone are the days of gangbangers armed with chrome Lorcin .25s and tec 9s. A lot of these kids are sporting Glocks in 10mm and .357, some USPs, Sigs, and an occasional Desert Eagle in .50AE. Usually they are wearing at least level IIA concealible vests. Long arms range from AKs to AR15s, the usual shotguns and some long-range stuff. Ran into one with a Rem700p in 300 win-mag with a Leupold Mk4 sitting on top of it.

Some of these kids have been enlisting to get the military training and they go AWOL and teach the other punks what they’ve learned, especially CQB and MOUT. Hell, I’ve run into a share of amature “gunsmiths.” One kid had a SKS modified for FA and it was cut down to a Krinkov like-carbine length with a folding stock. Another had Rem1100 modified to fire in FA and modified to accept a 20rd drum from a USAS12.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
Dude maybe you should get a bonus pack of ShamWow's and place them between your plates, they absorb everything . . .
Don't be harshin' on my shamwow gig, now.

I don't think Trackball is as creepy as Vince, and I'm glad Trackball is out there, patrolling the malls of freedom so I can sleep at night, safe in my bed. Try to remember that the forces we have in the shopping malls are an "All Volunteer" force. No one is there against their will. Each raised their right hand to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the various merchants in that mall. Each and every member of those tactical forces know that the situation that they are involved with is dangerious. Please don't drivel on about how there's a chance they could lose their lives for nothing. Please keep your borderline political views to yourself and don't antagonize the powers that be.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Patman said:
Dude maybe you should get a bonus pack of ShamWow's and place them between your plates, they absorb everything so the impact should be nothing..

Nutball.

I would suggest you place the the ShamWow's between your legs under your cod piece. This would give the appearance to other shoppers in the mall that you actually had a pair. ;)

It would also work well in the event that some 14 year old kid or 85 year old lady yelled at you. It would absorb everything when you peed your pants and you wouldn't look so stupid to the rest of the mall shoppers.

Gotta' be the cold weather that brings these nutcases out. :laugh:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Pretty sure this guy is just trolling.

Mall cops can't even afford body armor.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006

I do LOVE how the sham-wow made it's way in. Thank goodness mall robbing kids aren't rockin RPG's or this guy would REALLY pop.......
an example?...

"MAN....do you guys know where I can score a freakin Black Hawk? that way I can tactically take out these nutty kids with grenades and RPG's from a birds-eye vantage point, that made off with a Wii in their pants?!?"

Now which dirtbike you'd need to get away from a hail of bullets quicker?...we can help you with that one! :rotfl:

My day is now brighter thanks to this wonderful thread!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Carlos "the other mall cop" should chime in here. He's an expert at standing on the mall, protecting the world....

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I can't believe you guys are giving this dude such a hard time.

He puts his life on the line on a daily basis so you can go to your Orange Juliuses and look at your Victorias Secrets. We should be guiding him, not blocking him.

TrackBall

Sponsoring Member
Mar 26, 2002
Keep laugfing.

There a motto that gets thrown around in my line of work alot: “I’ll see YOU, but you won’t see ME.”

I try to keep very low profile, I wouldn’t show up on TV even if I did make a major bust for the AMW show. This protects my identity and that of my family. It also allows me to do covert ops without blowing my cover. You know, corp. espionage works both ways.

Also, I’ve pissed off a lot of BGs in the past, some of them are in very powerful positions. It’s better for everyone this way.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Do you do lawn artistry on the side like Officer Elk? If you do I have a compost heap that could use some tuning.

I'll keep my 870 locked and loaded to cover your back in case the bushes get frisky, or the petunias are strapped. :whoa:

TrackBall

Sponsoring Member
Mar 26, 2002
thumbs said:
Trust me.... we will.

BTW - I just came back from the mall and I parked in 2 spaces. Whatcha gonna do? :nener:

Until the day you cross that line, I’ll keep watching over and protecting you. that’s my job. The day you go bad, is when you better watch out. That is also my job.

I’m only promising to do my job, if I have to. Is it a “threat” when a police officer tells a criminal to stay straight? No, similarly it is not a threat to remind a person that he better not break the law on my shift.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000

Oh we can saw you hiding in your bullet proof armor. :laugh:

tweek49

Dec 30, 2006
Woah, woah, woah....

Do you guys have one of those "As seen on tv stores", because you could just get the shamwows there. I mean then you wouldn't have to worry about shipping or anything. Or is there any good places to get smoothies?

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
TrackBall said:
We’re cops, we just don’t get the glory.
Exxxxxxccept that you're not. Have fun keeping those blasted skaters out of the loading docks, and the next time I go to pee in a fake palm tree, I'll feel secure in knowing that I have someone like you to watch my back. :cool: :nener:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…