any member in Rita's path check in here!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002

brentl

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 19, 2002
I'm in west houston ---- Bingle road exit

Staying with a friend who has lived here 40 years and isn't worried ????

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Blackhawk left for Austin late last night ... I talked to her last about 10:30 mountain time?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
brentl said:
Staying with a friend who has lived here 40 years and isn't worried ????

I'm thinking I would convince your friend to pack up and go.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
D Lafleur said:
Checking in from the southwest LA area. We were missed by Katrina, I hope we dodge Rita.

I thought y'all had dodged the bullet. The track has moved 50~60 miles east of where it was when I go up this morning.

Keep you head down.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
It is relatively quiet here, considering. We have been running about 30 mph winds and steady rain for the last 6 hours. It appears the storm is running out of steam. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good luck then Mister!

Update on our friends stuck in Houston... last can of soup for dinner. Theres 4 of them. One good thing, if they have a house left, it won't take them long to get back.

No one seems to be commenting on the traffic jam that will happen when everyone heads back!

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
It appears my luck has dissipated. We have been without electricity since 8:30 last night and have been battered by wind and rain since. I have the camper close enough that we are using the on board genset in the house. That camper is still one of the best things I have ever done. It appears the East Texas and West LA folks are getting the worst.

I am with you on the traffic, the only up side is that some of the folks from the Houston area gave up and went home, so I guess there will be 2% less traffic coming back.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Darin: How are things? Power back on?

Gary L is back at home (went in Sunday) and already at work on the cleanup. He called today from Port Arthur and he said the area is a mess. One project we did together is missing roofs on three of the apartment buildings.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Tony,
We are back in business at home, have been since Saturday evening. Work is nuts, confirmed 33 platform structures and 13 rigs adrift in the Gulf Of Mexico. Some have been found, some destroyed, some still missing.

I went and helped a friend of mine who "lost everything" haul it from thier house to a big pile at the road. I now know what loosing everything looks like, it isnt pretty. Only had 5 snakes in the house and about 10 frogs. Thousands of folks in the Vermillion, Cameron, and Calcesieu parishes are starting over.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom