Any one know a good hardware store?

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I posted before that I stretched a front axel pinch bolt and need to find a replacement for it. I checked with my local hardware store and they had something like it, but does any one know places that would have the exact bolt?

I called a couple dealers and no one stocks it and it takes them 5-7 business days to get one. I know the Home depot, lowes, ace/true value, and pepboys hardware sections don't have an exact match. I was looking to get the same size head and the correct length of the bolt that is smooth. So any one know of a good store that has allot of hardware? Some one mentioned McMaster Carr, but I don't think we have any on Long Island. Am I going to be able to find one or is this a custom bolt that I need to order?

Bullwinkle58

Apr 23, 2004
I doubt you will find the exact same one anywhere, but you should be able to find one that will work.

You can order a kit from these guys: http://www.tekbolt.com/ That way you'll never be in a pinch to find the right bolt again.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have a local mom and pop motorcycle store that has a great selection of hardware.

Look under bolt and nut suppliers in the phone book. I have bought a lot of stuff from one of our local people.

Our local Auto Zone sells metric flanged bolts. The cost is very reasonable.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…