Any one near Maryland

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Anyone have a good local place to ride in Maryland? I would'nt mind getting together a riding new spots in the area. Anyone have any input please post.

EZ-Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2000
Are you looking for a track or trails / playriding areas? There are a few tracks within a short drive of bowie but there are no legal places to just ride and even some of the "less than legal" places have patrols now and people have been given $500+ dollar fines and court dates. Best bet is to get hooked up with a group or someone who has access to lots of property. Also check out the yahoo group dcoffroad. If you have any more questions about places to ride drop me an email and I'll see if I can help.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Used to live there....Still go back for the National at Budd's Creek and run the HS while I'm there....Just plan on doing your bearings after riding there :)

Depending on where you're at, hook up with these guys...Good club.

http://www.smdr.org

Bigkatuna

Mar 23, 2003
Check out: http://groups.msn.com/southpennenduroriders Come up and ride our Hare Scramble or Enduro event. We have some great trail riding!

You can also check out a pay to ride area at Tower City, it is located about exit 107 off I-81. It is a great place to ride, or ride and camp.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
I live in the DC area; I've been to the Landing MX and it's cool place. I'm a total noob but I'm looking for people to ride with as well. Even though it's cold I still want to ride--new bike and exactly 30 minutes of front yard seat time...

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
It looks like I am moving out there soon. I tentatively have a job in Reston that I will be moving for. How is the Harescramble/Enduro Riding out there? I like MX but prefer woods.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Scott:

There is good riding - but you have to trailer it a bit.

My office is in Reston - but i work out in St. Louis now - finally got away from that hole.

The ECEA is an incredible series with some of the best rides in the country - if you can work a watch - you are golden.

There are some good places down in VA - but far and away - any weekend you get a chance - just head to Hatfield/McCoy. That place is quickly becoming the #1 riding area in the nation. They keep adding acres by the thousands. Litteraly thousands of miles of trails.

sn

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Have they done anything to the expert track at the Landing? I've only been there once and the intermediate track was great but got boring after a while. The expert track was really hard packed and rocky the last time I was there. Also, the Landing isn't very friendly on the wallet.

We mainly ride just east of Charlottesville in VA.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…