Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
From Cyclenews.com

Neil Marriott, Matt Walker’s Pro Circuit/Kawasaki/Chevy Trucks team mechanic from South Africa, was killed early Saturday morning, March 6, in a head-on collision in Ontario, California.

According to California Inland Empire newspaper The Press-Enterprise, Marriott was driving north on the southbound side of I15 in his 1988 Toyota pickup when he hit 18-year-old Lauren Marie Daciolas, driving a 1998 Ford Mustang, on an interchange from the 10 west to the 15 south at about 2:30 a.m. Both died instantly.

Daciolas’ two passengers, Kaycee and Jessica Smith, suffered broken bones in the accident and were recovering in a San Bernardino County hospital.

-Am I reading this correctly? He was going the wrong way on the interstate at 2:30 in the morning?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's what it sounds like to me. :|

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sad story - he's from South Africa where they drive on the left hand side of the road. I figure he just spaced and got on the wrong way.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I don't mean to malign the deceased, but drunk driving fatalaties often involve a driver going the wrong direction on the freeway. Usually, the impaired driver thinks they are in the slow lane staying to the right, but they are actually in the fast lane going the wrong direction.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Wrong way on the interstate at 2:30 a.m. Drunk driving is the first thing that occured to me. Drunk or not, somebody's daughter is dead and two others are in the hospital.

My mother and I were in a head-on with a drunk driver when I was young, so I might be overly sensitive about the issue.

My condolences to the injured and the families of the deceased.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think its bad to talk this way-lets wait till we hear the facts, it could be tiredness-not responsible behaviour but we have all been guilty of that.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good point Marcus, but... you have to know when to stay from behind the wheel, rather it's because you drank or because you are too tired. Either are irresponsible behavior with a 3,000 missile.

That being said, no matter the reason, I feel terrible for everyone involved, those with the loss and the driver having to live with it.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Two deaths is tragic, regardless of why or how.

Aug 10, 2010
In Loving Memory of Lauren Marie Daciolas

I see everyone has a lot of questions on this website, just to clear things up I thought I would share this article with you from the MADD website...

On September 25th 2010 I will be walking to support Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) in saving lives on our nations streets and highways. In memory of my friend Lauren Marie Daciolas.

6 years ago this year, me and my 2 girlfriends were hit by a wrong way drunk driver. In the accident one of my best friends "Lauren Marie Daciolas" passed away in the tragic accident, and Kaycee and I survived by the Grace of God with injuries leaving us in the hospital.

Every 15 minutes someone dies from a drunk driver and it is my goal to keep drunk drivers off the street!

Please help me reach my fundraising goal by making a donation now, or by joining me by walking on my team.

Thanks & God Bless!

What does MADD do?

MADD works in more than 600 communities across the country, and has more than 1,400 trained victim advocates on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to support victims with comfort or legal assistance they can rely on.

Finding a cure...
Unlike most others, our cause doesn't need a cure; it already exists-it's you and me, our friends, our neighbors. It's all of us choosing to drive sober or designating a driver if we drink alcohol