Anyone dealt with CHP Motorsports?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
They are out of Whitehouse, Texas and I plan on buying a bunch of parts for my Honda Z50 project. Has anyone had any experence with them, good or bad? They ahve a nice wide selection of original, replication and performance parts but I hate to spend sveral hundered dollars without some reassurance from my buddy's on DRN :) Thanks in advance!

Here's their site: http://hondaminitrail.com/

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I would be nervous about a company named California Highway Patrol Motorsports that moved to Texas.

On second thought...that sounds like a good move!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well, I went ahead and ordered a bunch of parts from these guys and I couldn't be happier! I called in the order for over 20 parts on a Thursday morning and I had them at my house by the following Tuesday. They have fantastic tech support and everything was just as described and the prices were very good. They make it very clear if it's an OEM part or one that they remanufactured themselves so you know what you are getting.

I highly recommend them to anyone that needs parts for vintage and newer small bikes. :) They also sell a lot of performance stuff but I was afraid I'd hurt myself so I kept things stock :ohmy:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
They were pretty reasonable. I only need them whe I'm doing front wheelies :nener:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've got a seat from an old three wheeler but that's about it.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
RM_guy said:
...but I was afraid I'd hurt myself...

Do you need another lesson in hill climbing?

How's the Z50 coming along?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Bill! It's going slow. The engine is all back togetehr and I have the wheels all rebuilt. I just have to put them on and get the forks rebuilt.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'm just about done with the replica XR75 I've been building for oldest. Still need to paint the exhaust and wrap the head pipe with header insulation. Should be ready to fire it up Saturday.

Attachments

• RetroMiniCrosser.jpg
    RetroMiniCrosser.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 212
  • RetroExhaust.jpg
    RetroExhaust.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 201

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's sharp! You'll ride it too and your know it!:)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
BSWIFT said:
That's sharp! You'll ride it too and your know it!:)
I'll have to get the jetting dialed-in :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That looks nice! Mine is not going to look nearly as spiffy as that. I didn't repaint the frame or anything real fancy. Mostly I just wanted to get it in good running condition. I may completely strip it down sometime but I too have to get the jetting dialed it first.

Have fun with the jetting :laugh:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
RM_guy said:
Have fun with the jetting :laugh:
Engine is a first-over XR80, lightened flywheel, XR100 clutch, hi-volume Tak oil pump, ported XR80 cylinder head, XR100 cam advanced 2 degrees, XR100 carb, port-matched intake, free-flow filter and custom exhaust.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Is there any interference between the shock reservoir and the swing arm as the shocks get compressed? I know the shocks don't care which way they are mounted and you want to keep the reservoir away from the pipe, but I'm just trying to picture the angles at full compression.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
dirt bike dave said:
Is there any interference between the shock reservoir and the swing arm as the shocks get compressed? I know the shocks don't care which way they are mounted and you want to keep the reservoir away from the pipe, but I'm just trying to picture the angles at full compression.
Plenty of clearance at the swingarm at full compression.

... and it runs...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom