a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Barely

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001

please stop...as I read this I am typing AND shuddering/twitching from flashbacks that include cleaning spas that have what looks to be a dead long-haired spiders all caught up in a mucus-like slime (and no I am not making this up). I had a customer who was a lobbyist that "entertained" lawmakers and such at her B&B...her spa was notorious for being overun with hairy mucus spiders and a distinctly disgusting brownish mass floating on top of the water, very similar in consistency to pudding skim that forms on top. Or howsabout the spa I showed up to fix at a Comfort Inn loaded with no less than 14 illegals in their clothes no less, washing off. Oh, I have stories for days...some good, mostly bad of epic proportions

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I had a good deal for you if I had known when we moved. The new buyer did not want the tub on the deck and we didn't want to move it . No one wanted to take it so..........

It took some work but these guys would not quit until the job was done

When the ram wouldn't work I came up with a solution

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
kmccune said:
This is in Northern WI, It was a marketing point with Hot Springs, back in the day anyway.

Kevin
We never even left water in ours during the warm months but starting in October it was full and in use daily. The colder the better, I remember a -25 night. The stars were perfect and the wine was going down so good. When we got out I went to close the cover before going in and my feet froze to the deck. I paniced for a few seconds when I couldn't lift my feet but remembered about 400 gallons of 105 degree water was sitting right in front of me. A few splashes and I was in the house

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Hey Dave, could I have the air pump? Doh!!! Bet that was pretty loud! Cr Swade, how well do the purge chemicals clean out the lines? And nasty, go clean your cute little bathroom sink drain, has to be the worst!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Oldguy, I can't believe no one wanted that hot tub!!! :( But I bet the demolition and crunching noises were OUTSTANDING!! :cool:

Well, I got my hot tub all hooked up and its warming up now, should be ready soon!! The guy from Sensible Spas and his wife delivered it for free and it turns out he also does outdoor patio / outdoor kitchens so ITS ON!! :) I'll have this place looking like I want it by the end of the year!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Hey Dave, could I have the air pump? Doh!!! Bet that was pretty loud! Cr Swade, how well do the purge chemicals clean out the lines? And nasty, go clean your cute little bathroom sink drain, has to be the worst!
Wish I still had the parts but they have long since gone the way of Evilbay. Actually it was a different setup- I put the pump, filters, heater (50K BTU natural gas pool heater), ozonator, and blower in the basement and the tub out on the deck. Figured if we had a power outage in the middle of winter at least those parts wouldn't freeze.
The guys smashing it had way to much fun. I called the company and asked if they would haul it- figured they would send a flatbed- and they said yes if it was at the curb. One truck showed up on the regular garbage day and they tried it with 2 guys but when they couldn't get it in they called the second truck. Took about 20 minutes but they got it hauled away :nod:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Party is at Natties tomorrow night :nod:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I have an old spa in my back yard now that is on its last legs. It's a POS and not worth selling or transporting to a new home.

When its time comes, I'll be able to dispose of it all my myself, with a little help from a sawzall.

Attachments

• reciprocating_saw.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 66

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
dirt bike dave said:
When its time comes, I'll be able to dispose of it all my myself, with a little help from a sawzall.

That should be fun but it would be hard to beat smashing it between two trash trucks.

My trash men left a note on my door complaining when I didn't put my cat litter in a trash bag and couldn't even get the lid back on the can.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
oldguy said:
Party is at Natties tomorrow night :nod:

You got that right Oldguy!!! And my special guest is TUCKER Larrieu (D-36)!! Anyone remember this kid?? He and his family are showing up tomorrow just in time to get in the hot tub!

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=93208&highlight=learned+Tucker

Tucker is now about 10 years old and has a race at Metcalf on Saturday so he and his family are staying with me this weekend. He still has a penchant for Hot Cheetos and he's become quite the hell-on-wheels but now rides a 125cc Kawi. The last race I watched him at this past spring, he placed 2nd, only to a 14 year old...amazing!

Dirt Bike Dave and DWRECK -- hey you!!! :cool:

So yeah, PARTY AT NATTY's!!!! :)

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
You got that right Oldguy!!! PARTY AT NATTY's!!!! :)

. . . Tucker is now about 10 years old . . .
Dang, that means it's not "suits optional" night ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
XRpredator said:
Dang, that means it's not "suits optional" night ;)

Hahah!! Not this time, but I did postion the new spa with neighborhood 2nd story window views in mind, lol :nod:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
I have an old spa in my back yard now that is on its last legs. It's a POS and not worth selling or transporting to a new home.

Been there and done that...pack a lunch for sure. By the time you are done, you won't want to see a sawzall or spa for a spell.

As far as cleaning out the lines (I'm presuming you mean once its running), the circulation lines will clean pretty quickly with the chlorinated water. Blower lines are another story. I have had blower lines completely clogged with a 2" solid biomass lump. The smaller lines that are in the floor allow the air a place to escape from the blower channel and they are the hardest to clean. If dirty, the only way is to run the blower, shut off to let the chlorinated water flood back in, repeat until the goopy stuff quits coming out. Once the stuff is completely out, drain the spa, clean and refill. Balance the water, then add a double start up dose of your sanitizer (chlorine or bromine). be sure to use the blower on a somewhat regular basis to keep those air lines cleaned.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Did anyone see the first My Name is Earl last night?? Used hot tub was the featured guest (Jerry Van Dyke was featured guest in the second of the double header).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…