Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
tonibaloney said:
ya mean he didn't want to be a sheep in the catholic school flock? :laugh:

I bet he felt guilty about it later. :nener:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

tonibaloney said:
no advice on swirl marks available i guess.

Oh sorry I missed it before. What do you mean swirl marks....just the spots you see on the vehicle after washing it?

tonibaloney

I'm here
Sep 19, 2006
CaNaDiAn said:
Oh sorry I missed it before. What do you mean swirl marks....just the spots you see on the vehicle after washing it?

no, the ones where some jackass tried waxing it. it seems like they buffed all the way to the clear coat or something, i'm not sure. they're circular marks throughout the paint. it's a black metallicy paint color, so in the sunlight you can really see the swirly marks. i'm wondering if getting it re-waxed will get rid of them...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
tonibaloney said:
. . . i'm wondering if getting it re-waxed will get rid of them...
You may have to take it to another pro to try and polish those swirl marks out. Sounds like someone used a harsh compound and didn't work their way down to the finer stuff to cut out the swirlies.

good luck

tonibaloney

I'm here
Sep 19, 2006
thanks guys. i looked up waxing techniques and yes xrpred, it seems like they left the last step out. well it'll have to wait til next summer. i'm pretty sure there will be a constant layer of dirt on him throughout the winter. :(

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Congrats on the new truck! One thing to know about the GMC/Chevy 5.7 litre Vortec vehicles: they have two fuel pumps, one of which is in the gas tank. Keep ATLEAST a quarter tank of gas in the tank as otherwise you run the risk of burning out the pump. Replacing the pump is expensive and a royal PITA.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
SpeedyManiac said:
Congrats on the new truck! One thing to know about the GMC/Chevy 5.7 litre Vortec vehicles: they have two fuel pumps, one of which is in the gas tank. Keep ATLEAST a quarter tank of gas in the tank as otherwise you run the risk of burning out the pump. Replacing the pump is expensive and a royal PITA.

Thanks Speedy! I'll keep that in mind :cool:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
No problem. My parents, uncle and a few family friends all have GM's or Chevy's and have all learned the hard way. It's especially important in the mountains where the gas sloshes around a lot.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I've never actually heard that, and I guess my dad is very lucky. I'll be sure to tell him.

He's driven it until it hit the fuel light a couple times.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Congrats on th new ride, sounds like to did well :nod:

tonibaloney

I'm here
Sep 19, 2006
SpeedyManiac said:

yes, i was recently informed of this too. i guess the fuel kinda cools the pump. i've only got the 4.8 though. great advice!

Top Bottom