Anyone have 220 porting done by FRP?

xr400forever

Jan 6, 2002
I would like to recieve feedback from anyone who has had a 220 ported by Fredette Racing. I am wondering two things.
1. What were the results? Fredette claims power increases are throughout the power range but I have only ever heard of porting being for a specific type of powerband. For example woods or motocross.
2. What did they actually do in terms of porting. For example raise sub-ports polish exhaust ports, grind away intake side casting marks ..and so on.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I have been considering this on my 220, so I would also be interested in what others have to say.
Lew

Razorback

Jul 12, 2002
My 01 220 has the cylinder porting and the head milled.The bike was in the shop and the dealer sent the parts to Fredette and then they assembled the engine so I don't know what they did but the results are as specified.More power from rock bottom through sixth gear.Better top end as well.Combined with a rad valve,FMF torque pipe and Pro Circuit silencer and my bike is a killer woods and mountain machine.I'm still using the stock gearing. The crawl speed torque is excellant and almost stall proof.I had a 98 220 with a stock engine and a rad valve with a FMF exhaust system and the 01 is a much quicker,torquier and faster bike.The upgrade is worth the money if you plan to keep your bike.The only downside was less mileage.This bike really sucks down the gas now and I'm still using the stock carb jetted.45P,155M,stock needle on second clip setting.Should I ever buy another 220 I would have the work done to it as well.You will be happy with the results.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
He does a very very nice job. He has done both my 200s and my 220 and love it. I am sure Eric does comparable work so either way I am sure you will be very happy.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I had my 91 kdx 200 done and was happy with the results. The difference in gas used was minimal in my application.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I have a full blown fredette bike! with papers, spend the cash! best up grade was the race tech mod's. my 220 rev's like a 200 and still has the stump pulling 220 traight's.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom