pewpster

Jun 13, 2004
Was out riding on the weekend and smashed the pipe on my 90 KDX200. It was pretty bad, it came right out of the head. So I'm looking to replace it. The local kawi dealer here in BC told me he wouldn't be able to get anything in for weeks. I found a DG pipe online for a good price, but I couldn't find any info on it.

I ride mostly woods trails and don't get past 3rd gear very often. The bike has a rad valve and aftermarked silencer already. I weigh 240 with gear. Would this pipe be any good for the riding I do?

PICTURE

no-pants.net

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I havent heard of DG pipes in years. They used to be a great pipe years and years ago when I was more into motorcross. I would say it probably is a decent pipe but on a KDX I do not know how it is going to work for you.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I have an 85 KDX200 w/DG Pipe & Silencer. If the model you're looking at is made for your bike, pick it up. There a good pipe and alot cheaper than OEM replacement if you can get one. With the pipe setup & Boyseen Power Reeds my bike is a rocket. DG has been around for along time and still have humans on the other end of the phone :nod:

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I have a DG on my '91 and like it, but its not like I run head-head pipe tests either...I don't think you'll be dissapointed...but get a moose pipe guard and add strategic dabs of RTV to its inners, and let it set before installing the guard, to minimize pipe-to-guard wear and noise. Get a CGK needle if you don't have one already and start with a 38 pilot.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I'v had DG pipes on older YZ's, but have no experence with them on a KDX, though I am sure they will be pretty decent. I would probably pick an FMF pipe over a DG as they seem to have a bit higher quality controll. I also highly recomend an E-line Carbon Fiber pipe guard. They wrap around the pipe and protect it very well and are stronger than the moose pipe guards (I have one of each so I can make a good comparison). If e-line doesn't list a guard for your bike you can send them your pipe and they will custom make one for about the same price.

good luck

Top Bottom