Anyone have a Service Honda 250 Junior X?

dgoetz

Nov 12, 2007
Thinking about getting one for the wife. Does it have any over heating problems on slow technical trails? Need any input you can give me. The motor must be close to perfect for a woman trail riding. The suspension should be able to be adjusted for anyone no matter what level of experience or type of riding.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I don't have one but DRN Moderator, AJ is the one who actually makes them.

Hopefully he will have a chance to get away from the welder long enough to answer your questions.

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I believe there is at least one that see's VERY heavy use mapping trails and have never seen anything but positive comments.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
I have ridden it in the most demanding trails we could find ,in places like some of the more dchallenginfg trails of keysville cali, where a trials bike is perhaps a good choice..lol

have also have put pretty seriuos time on it,,in the big dunes of glamis,,with a paddle..
and never have had an overheating problem..in any riding sitiuation.

like all 4 strokes, or even some 2 strokes ,
if you sit still, at idle long enough ,then you can get it to overheat..
but if moving at all ,even on really slow technical trails it will be just fine.

The junior X, utilizes the CRF250 radiators,and shrouds ,
so it has very good cooling capacity..
also we do recommend engine ice,although regular honda coolant works fine.

I have run temp gauges on this model several times at glamis,jawbone, keyville ,gorman big bear cali,,in a lot of rough mountain terrian,
in the tighter woods trials of the midwest.,and places with a lot of tight single track,,
if anything the average running temps on a JR-X tend to be on the cool side,,180 to 190 F...

hope this helps!

AJ Waggoner
Operations and Project Manager
Service Honda
Kawasaki/Yamaha/Suzuki

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
as patman mentioned one of our customers that has a junior X,
is a lady whose job is GPS mapping the OHRV trail systems in Colotrado..
and has a ton of hours and miles on the bike in many situations.
She bought the very first Junior X and loves it more each year..
I'll see if i can contact her to answer in this thread..
as she was instrumental in the early refinements of this model!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…