Anyone have pics or animation of a 2 stroke.

AzBoostin

Apr 27, 2007
Well I am pretty new to this 2 stroke stuff. I understand the basic concept, but wondering how the valves come into play ect... I come from building v8's and cars in general. anyway. Would like to see some kind of pics or animation of a 2 stroke in action..

AzBoostin

Apr 27, 2007
cool pretty basic.... I imagine the powervalve just restricts flow until it opens up?

WOTRider

Mar 14, 2007
not really sure... somebody else can answer that much better than I. I just know to take it all apart and clean it every top-end rebuild.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
2 exhaust port power valves like Honda's HPP and RC vary the port timing and area, also changing the dynamic compression ratio. 3 port systems like what everybody else uses do some things to alter the harmonics of the pipe and may or may not also vary port timing/area.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I Guess it wasn't good enough. But, on a continuation of the previous post, the underpiston supercharging is the reason 2-stroke gas engines burn their oil. Not all 2-strokes burn their oil, but the with underpiston supercharging, the airflow through the crankcase makes it impossible to try to maintain a conventional lubrication system with a sump.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000

What does that have to do with this thread?

It's not that it wasn't good enough, it didn't relate to the question. The guy was asking how a powervalve worked, not a poppet type of valve and a turbo.

Completely different animal and only adds confusion to the thread.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
AzBoostin said:
I understand the basic concept, but wondering how the valves come into play Would like to see some kind of pics or animation of a 2 stroke in action..

Seeing as how this is a dirtbike site, one would take it for granted he wants to know how a two-stroke dirt bike engine and powervalve works. But, hey, what the hell do I know? :coocoo:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…