Anyone have pics or animation of a 2 stroke.

AzBoostin

Apr 27, 2007
Well I am pretty new to this 2 stroke stuff. I understand the basic concept, but wondering how the valves come into play ect... I come from building v8's and cars in general. anyway. Would like to see some kind of pics or animation of a 2 stroke in action..

WOTRider

Mar 14, 2007
not really sure... somebody else can answer that much better than I. I just know to take it all apart and clean it every top-end rebuild.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
2 exhaust port power valves like Honda's HPP and RC vary the port timing and area, also changing the dynamic compression ratio. 3 port systems like what everybody else uses do some things to alter the harmonics of the pipe and may or may not also vary port timing/area.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
:cool:

Arbeitsweise_Zweitakt.gif

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
Hooray, I'm helpful:
QUOTE]

Not really. I would think that would confuse the guy more than anything. :nod:

If he wanted to know about diesel tug boat motors, I'm sure there is a site for that.

Moparman. Excellent animation. :cool: That's a keeper.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I Guess it wasn't good enough. But, on a continuation of the previous post, the underpiston supercharging is the reason 2-stroke gas engines burn their oil. Not all 2-strokes burn their oil, but the with underpiston supercharging, the airflow through the crankcase makes it impossible to try to maintain a conventional lubrication system with a sump.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
I Guess it wasn't good enough. But, on a continuation of the previous post, the underpiston supercharging is the reason 2-stroke gas engines burn their oil. Not all 2-strokes burn their oil, but the with underpiston supercharging, the airflow through the crankcase makes it impossible to try to maintain a conventional lubrication system with a sump.

What does that have to do with this thread?

It's not that it wasn't good enough, it didn't relate to the question. The guy was asking how a powervalve worked, not a poppet type of valve and a turbo.

Completely different animal and only adds confusion to the thread.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
AzBoostin said:
I understand the basic concept, but wondering how the valves come into play Would like to see some kind of pics or animation of a 2 stroke in action..

Seeing as how this is a dirtbike site, one would take it for granted he wants to know how a two-stroke dirt bike engine and powervalve works. But, hey, what the hell do I know? :coocoo:

Top Bottom