JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
I love playing it. Just today I got a new marker and $250 worth of gear and parts for it. my grandma (who bought it for me as an early christmas present) tried to convince me for 5 min. to get this JT vest after she saw my chest after a game of paintball.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i used to play. i have an ion with some brand new parts. 14 inch smarts parts freak jr, 360 QEV new desings bolt. i forget which bolt. a wgp on/off rail. the selonoid barb broke where the QEV hooks up to it. i stopped playing because i didnt want to replace the board. i didnt have the money at the time. it was fun.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
m4i2k2e2, I always wanted an Ion. From like before they even came out. Never got one. I have a Spyder TL-R right now LOL but I haven't played in months.

This thread is really making me want to re-consider my Santa list. :laugh:

I remember the first time I ever played with my step dad, he was wearing a life vest (from the boat) because he thought it would protect him... He was running down the side of the field and I shot him right in his armpit hahaha. So much for the life vest idea. :p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
remember when JT made MX gear?

I remember when we didn't have to share wooded areas with dorks shooting paint at each other. :whoa:

May 10, 2007
yea i have the mr3. with a spiffy hopper. i dont play that often ever since my one friend had his gun turned up real high. it was in the middle of summer and i was just wearing a tee shirt cuz i never get hit in the arms (they are always flying around as a scream running from tree to tree.) well he nailed me like 3 times in the arm. i have perfect circle scars from them.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i just bought a VL maxis rg. and i also have a spyder vs2. the vs2 is way better but i bought this one so my friend could play too when he came over. i want to start kind of a team. not necessarily to be super competitive but to get together to play at the local places. if we did get good and entered some tourneys that wouldnt be too bad though.

what i love about playing though is the adrenaline rush. i get so excited and pumped before a game. its addicting. the only downside is the price. i pay $20 to get in and the paint i buy is $50 for a box of 2000

etjoyride

Aug 7, 2007
I play... A LOT

I just sold off my back up quest and ion.

I currently have a custom xvalved automag, and some random backups (tippmann, spyder, piranha)

I have played in everything from backyard outlaw ball to rookie tournaments. the most fun i have is just a good day of rec with some friends and random people to shoot.

May 10, 2007
the only downside is the price. i pay $20 to get in and the paint i buy is $50 for a box of 2000[/QUOTE]

play in your backyard. soooooo much cheaper. and you always have the thought "is this tree wide enough" in the bad of your head.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
so true. unfortunately i live in town and im movin to a subdivision which is even worse. but ive played a lot of kinds of paintball. and my favorite is still speedball at the paintball field.

i thought of buying some blowup bunkers and buying like a couple big baseball net cages for the backyard because i could get the money but it didnt go over too well with my parents. i could charge people to get in and make some money off it.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I played once and loved it. I've always wanted to buy myself a set, but couldn't find enough people also willing to for it to be fun.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
the meager funds that i recieve from my place of employment never make it past buying things for the bike, let alone save enough to buy a paintball gun, and ive already got an airsoft gun that i wasted way too much on. hmmm should probably sell it for some new plastics..

Oct 23, 2005
I used to work at an X ball field and I went to florida for the world cup. The world cup was a cool place, its funny how you can be walking around the sponsor tents and see all the pros just chilling. Its a fun game and its nice that you can play at any skill level and still have fun, but like every other fun thing its too expensive.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
paintbller8000 said:
its funny how you can be walking around the sponsor tents and see all the pros just chilling.

Well they need to rest after their back breaking jobs bussing tables on the midnight shift at Denny's. :whoa:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Aryain said:
I'm thinking about asking for a Smart Parts Ion XE for Xmas. Anyone tried them?

they are a good gun. my friend has one that i have used before. if you keep up on cleaning and lubing and take care of it it will take care of you. my friend has had no major problems with it. make sure you get a good electronic hopper though.

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
i used to play every week several years ago, and i want no complaints on prices from you kids. i used to pay $90 a case for paint. and my non-electric auto cockers cost $800, and $1200. ah, the good old days.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
JD_MXRacer said:
they are a good gun. my friend has one that i have used before. if you keep up on cleaning and lubing and take care of it it will take care of you. my friend has had no major problems with it. make sure you get a good electronic hopper though.

yea im planning on getting an Odyssey Halo B and a Crossfire 68/4500.

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
mine was made by pro paintball, it was all custom. paintball stuff used to be ridiculously expensive. mechanical spyders used to cost nearly $200.

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
your right! i couldnt remember if they were $280, or $180, but your right i do remember that now. that was for the base grey crap spyder too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom