milketoast

Jul 8, 2002
I'm planning to buy a pressure washer for cleaning my bikes and my truck... For those of you that have them, what kind of pressure do you find it requires to clean a bike/vehicle? Even some of the cheaper ones will run up to 2500 psi... I imagine that would be enough to destroy gaskets and peel decals off... which is what I'd prefer to avoid. Anyway, thanks for any info.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
I have a Karcher, it puts out 1700 psi, it is electric and I bought it for under $200. It has adjustable pressure settings and puts out a good amount for bikes and cars. I have gotten about 50 washes out of it so far and the thing is holding up good. My only gripe is that it is all plastic and you have to be careful with it.

Endurofreak

Aug 14, 2002
I would buy anythink that goes over 1700PSI, or youll have to worry about sticker destroying. I use a cheapy 1500Psi unit, and thats plenty.

Good Luck ;)

tri-mx'er

May 23, 2001
I have an electric 1700psi I bought from WalMart. It really isn't what you would want to use for washing big decks or driveways, but it is fabulous for bikes. It does a great job on cars (especially the wheels) too. Miine is the standup type that you can put soap into, and that part of it sucks. Get a small garden sprayer for that. I had one of the smaller ones, it was a 1300 psi, but it used the same motor. It didn't have the soap dispenser. I thought the bigger one would be better, but its really the same. I would buy that one again if I had to do it all over again. You can't go wrong with it for only $100.00.
For soap I have used everything from simple green to Greased Lightning. The cheapest thing I have found that still works good is to go to walmart and but the very cheapest no name brand of liquid laundry detergant. Add a little water and put it in the garden sprayer. Works great. Purple Power works aabout the best I think.
Rich

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
question for you guys with electric power washers, how do you bring them to the track? the pits at all my local tracks dont provide power hookups so i was forced to buy a gas powered washer just like the rest of them...

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
I don't take mine to the track...Where I live there is a law about run off. You can not wash your bike at the track nor can you legally wash your car in your front yard. You have to take it to a car wash where the run off water is gather and filter before draining.

The Joys of living in CA. :silly:

tri-mx'er

May 23, 2001
question for you guys with electric power washers, how do you bring them to the track? the pits at all my local tracks dont provide power hookups so i was forced to buy a gas powered washer just like the rest of them...

Good point.. I always wash mine at home. You may need a gas one if you are planning on doing them at the track.
Rich

GMX

Jul 23, 2002
I see guys using electric ones at the track with those power converters or whatever. I seen one at Canadain Tire for $50 CDN

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom