Arctic Circle Slide Show

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Wow, that is a cool trip, the photos are awesome.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
The bus belongs to my wifes parents, they wanted to come with us so we kind of planned the trip out so they could meet us in the evenings along the way. Some of the roads we took the bus couldn't take. I just told everyone it was our support vehicle. There are lots of nice camping areas throughout Canada and Alaska. Many motels and B&B,s are also available but in the summer they fill up fast.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
AWESOME!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
What a Great trip!
How was changing the tire on the road?
Does the road go beond the arctic circle or is that it.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Normally you can just plug the tires when you get a flat as they are tubless radial knobbies. But I had cut that one so bad I could not fix it there so I ended up riding it for 50 miles flat. The tires are not that difficult to change if you have a bead breaker. The road actually goes for another 200 miles north of the Artic Circle to Inuvik.

MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
Aw man I wish I could go home and do something like that. I'm stuck here in Puerto Rico. I can't wait to go home and take a long ride in the good ol state of WA. Just a few more weeks on this crazy hot island!!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OMG That looks like a great trip. Dual sporting in spades!!

How did you plan the trip? I have been wanting to ride to the Arctic Circle

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I planned the entire trip using sources on the internet. There are a lot of sites on Inuvik and the Dempster Highway. I had so much fun on this trip I stored my bike in Canada and am planning another trip next year exploring Alaska. Also meeting other bikers on the road is a great source of info. When you are in the middle of nowhere everybody is real friendly. All you have to do is get a bike and go. Next to the Beemers the Kawasaki KLR's seemed to be the most favored bike for this type of trip.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…