Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Snowy :eek: That had to be the hardest trail ride Ive ever riden. Man the rock sections are killer after your already dead from the switchbacks. The rock section after the creek is extremely tricky. All in all, still a fun ride after you get about 3/4 through the trail. Jeff & Elk its a fun ride, make sure you go.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Snowy :eek: That had to be the hardest trail ride Ive ever riden. Man the rock sections are killer after your already dead from the switchbacks. The rock section after the creek is extremely tricky. All in all, still a fun ride after you get about 3/4 through the trail. Jeff & Elk its a fun ride, make sure you go.

Come north young man! Downieville has some switchbacks that make Snowy look tame......

Brian

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
I'm glad we dont have rocks like that. Around here if you even find a hill or some good trails the only think you have to deal with is roots, thick underbrush, and the occasional rain rut.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
1/2 doz. riders, max, otherwise the pace of having everyone clear sections would slow the overall progress. Looks like your there now - certainly break it into groups of three or so if more decide to do it as the date approaches.

I'd come along just to watch or man the camera if I didn't have plans; maybe I should bring the whole family to spectate!

When Eeler and I went we had three riders, he, Trlrdr and myself; my son started to video our snail-pace progress but his battery went dead shorly after the start, so we didn't get but the first few feet on film.

Half the fun of such an endeavor is watching & helping others thru, the other half in the doing of each section on your iron horse. It's possible to boil over, dent pipes and radiators, wear down/lose knobs, rip seats and jerseys, although those gifted with appropriate skills can come out unscathed - afterall it's crawling speeds only, and something you don't do everyday, so why not? That's why when The Eel suggested we do it a year ago, we did - in spite of my new graphics/seat cover. I don't regret it, and everyone should do it at least once.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
NVR FNSH: I was wiped out after snowy I could imagine the carage after a tougher ride. Of course Im not exactly in marathon running shape either. None the less, everything has to be experienced at least once.

Top Bottom