Are either of the 2 bikes for sale a good buy?

brookesdad

Sep 15, 2007
Bike One
2004 Yamaha WR 250F. Bike has over $1,500 in upgrades including ProTaper bars, ProTaper triple clamp, a full Dr D exhaust system, a YZ tank W/YZ plastics, extra wide titanium foot pegs, boysen quick shot, power now carb insert, raptor clutch, Acerbis full hand guards, Michelin tires, custom graphics, and blue anodized ASV brake clutch levers. This bike has both electric and kick start and starts on first try everytime. Just installed new battery. I have all the stock plastics ie.. tail light, head light, and original WR gas tank. I have CLEAN TITLE and owners manual to go with it. Ready to ride this weekend, needs nothing
I have pictures and it looks extremely clean but don't know how to post them.

Bike 2
2005 cr250X that looks pretty stock but has something called a baha designs kit and more street ready tires, it is from a Honda dealer here. They are firm on a $2999 price.
here is the link
http://www.highfivecycles.com/new_v...K2009J5I02I21JPMQ1963R0&veh=21612&pov=1321833

Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First thing you can do is stop worrying about "upgrades"... they have very little $ value on a used bike. They may sway a buyer from one bike to the next, but that's it.

Didn't notice a price for the WR?

Best bet? Find the cleanest, closest to stock bike you can find. Check the silly stuff.. you know, mechanical stuff that matters.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
In alot of cases a really clean stock bike is worth more than one with a catalog full of bolt ons.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I found the WR on Craigslist...at least its close in Frisco, so it wouldnt be far to go check it out. If it passes all of the tests, I would offer him $2250. Its a buyers market...you hold all of the cards. Dont get in a hurry and pay too much.

The link is for a CRF250R, the motocross version.

Top Bottom