Arenacross (Chicagoland Area)

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
Axiom Arenacross Hammond Civic Center 12/26-12/28

December 26-28th at the Hammond Civic Center in Hammond Indiana...

Racer info can be found at "readsracing" website

Spectaotor tickets can be found at "AXIOMArenacross.eventbrite " website

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Reads racing bringing arena cross to good old down town Hammond Indiana, that is funny! And absolutely perfect date choice!

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
I saw the listing, I plan to go and watch it since I don't live far from it. ought to be intressting (had to sell the bike this year, won't be able to get another untill next year)....

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
As good as the Reads are at making up classes, I should see about a 125 geezers class?
now, now be mindefull of your thoughts! if I didn't sell my bike (like a stupid *ss) then I would be out there in the 40+ geezer class instead of watching it...(district 15 in 2007)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I enjoy every track in Indiana, BUT reads tracks! I live here, but districts 17 and 14 rule! For MX anyways? So how about the 125 plus 49 class? We received the fancy flyer today, amateur, pro, bikes and quads? Must be 50 classes for Sunday? This is not a nice area around the Hammond civic center!!!!!!!!!!!! Be warned, tell others, the area already has the guns! Culver, very far from Wabash, very nice area, and mx track!

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
aaah but, I haved moved back into the area neighbor! lol,
I have recently returned to Schererville! for now, before I moved waaaaay in 2002 to 2005 I haved worked for chucks towing of hammond, ABC towing of hammond, exhaust masters of hobart, and Berts towing in hammond.

I think reads racing is doing a good harted thing at the civic center, breaks up the winter downs, but you are RIGHT! the area is not the greatest, car alarms is a must as well as caution were you park. as for the 125 plus class? I thought they only had a 40+ class were you ride what you brought, I didn't know they added a class since 2007.

I heard there is some local motocross club in hobart, do you know anything about that? and I looked up for local traks themselves in the area but there was no listing, just kingsbury and a trak in valporaiso.

I don't plan on staying here for long, rather be in porter county in stead of lake. on that note I do plan on running the races in porter county fair as well as lake. my brother in law wants me to run in the derbys as well..

I liked the MX park hang time in Akron, Indiana myself. thats were I raced in the video in my just a share thread...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No more Lake county fair race, too much carnege. Rumors that the Porter went its last time also. 2 tracks at Kingsbury, Dirt and Motoland. Hobart club, you got me there, but I do know some killer spots to practice in Hobart and Merrillville. No new class, I wish! If the track in Valpo was Vaughns, its done also. Joliet is closer than Kingsbury! Lafayette has a nice track, and Wabash. I grew up in Calumet City, my practice track was by the mall, and the golf course! Southpark is open, depending on where you park.

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
This race is not promoted by Reads Racing.. They are handling the sign ups,and scoring....
The place in Hobart you speak of is called "The Quad Squad" It does not have a website.. Its located about 1 mile north of the old Loomis Cycle in Hobart. I believe its RT.51, or 55.. Last year they charged $200.00 Per family.

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
that suxs! the only spot in calumet me and some buddies rode around was a place behind river oaks mall and that had a golf course next to it, but that was waaaaaaaay back in the early 80's, its the lansing landings now (were the theater stand now)..

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
I was told it was $200.00 a year all round riding. if its true, do they do dirt bikes too or is it just a quad club? it'll be ashame if it is..

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2 years ago, via google earth, we found a really nice track just off ridge road. Some type of quad guys set it up and gave us permission to rip their track up, big dust bowl. The river oaks track was my work. The circle by the tracks was first, and as I wanted /needed more, the track by the golf course got built (by hand). I even had Mark Barnett out there once. I rode a 79 CR250, #107. I put a lot of hours out there, and it is still there, both of them!!!!!!!!! And the F'ing tree that I hit is still there! The area of missing bark is higher? Robert Underhill

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
The Quad Squad is actually mostly all bikes,but there is also some Quad guys... The place is the Karle boys (Geddy,Freddy) old practice track... Its not advertised at all,very low key... Extremely fun place to ride....

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
hit a tree? really? back at the ol trak next to river oaks mall were the lansing landings is now, I knew a kid name kenny, he hit a tree back there. he took a left berm too fast and couldn't turn hard, so he jumped up the berm into the trees...

I made the same mistake but went through them out to the others side. granted I never made that mistake again...
I was running 79 YZ100 when I was learning still back in the 80's...

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
bry9 said:
The Quad Squad is actually mostly all bikes,but there is also some Quad guys... The place is the Karle boys (Geddy,Freddy) old practice track... Its not advertised at all,very low key... Extremely fun place to ride....
kool, next year I am going to pick up another bike and I want a peice of that! I lived closer to montarey at the time. rode any and everywere, even to Culver. when I came out here I sold it, the worst mistake in my life (I feel so incompleat with out it). so now I am going to get another one next year (tax time!), a buddie of mine mention of this place but wasn't sure how true it was...now I have something to look forward to.. :)

Last edited:

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Yeah right!,That is in back of Massa's secret test facility. 120 blocks dead east of my house. http://www.dirtrider.net/gallery/files/7/3/1/4[/QUOTE]
I can't pull up the image, it keeps showing a blank page..

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Yeah right!,That is in back of Massa's secret test facility. 120 blocks dead east of my house.

Your right.. It actually connects to Massas place... only difference is you enter Massas from dekalb street,and Quad squad from 51..

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There is always a Kenny to beat on? A LOT of people got hurt out at "Ports" or"River Oaks". I used to ride the golf course when they closed for the season. They had another track by the old truckstop and river oaks condos, at the river oaks and I-94 interchange. That golf course some guys got in big trouble, they got caught! I scraped a lot of little kids off the ground at Ports!`That circle track with the big jump was always good for a laugh, someone always tried jumping to the corner! There was a track just south of there, we called it brick lake. It had a do or die hill climb, in the pit, and they had a track. The Hodaka gang from Lansing started that track. Massa's and Freddie's track are adjacent to each other. It was either Freddy or Geddy that got hurt real bad at last years Indy SX! I hope that does not happen again. The Sewells are still practicing at Southpark, in Griffith. Brutal deep sand whoop track.

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
Ports...its killing me, I heard of it, not sure were that use to be at. Me and my buddies back in the day rode out of Dolton down greenwood, before all that stuff was built up now. use to have parts of the old pig iron railroad instead. we fallowed the line down to that mall off torence were chi chi is across from the landings. there was a small circle trak on the way. you went off the line to the right if your going to calumet. there are wearhouses built there now.

Now Ownens Illinois was a real nice place to run, had a large area to ride. many of us could be found there..had to cut through Riverdale to get there.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Recall a guy named, Sad Joe, Bad Brad, or Jennings? That circle track was the original Ports(that was the crazy sob that used to live there), later I built the track closer to Torrance ave. That track on the side of the x-way and the Parks golf course, next to Greenwood ave, there was another by the train yards, and another by the steel bridge(Tommy Acres dad built).

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
I came across the one by the golf course west of greenwood, me and some friends were throwing back golf balls the golfers would knock out of the cours! the only steel bridge I can think of is the old train bridge SOUTH of torrence and the trak is just west of that, but like I said there are wear houses there now. at the time calumet PD would chase us out of there. I was riding with a kid name Rich. he's the one that got me into this.

Last edited:

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
That is not the AMA Arenacross series.. Its the guys that have a race around a mud bog in the middle of the Arena..

Although last year they had women mud wrestling in the mud bog Saturday night.....LOL

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…