Arenacross (Chicagoland Area)

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not Rich Lucas? Just found this morning: 1-10-2009, Hoffman Estates, Il. AMA Arenacross racing returns! The real deal!

Again, its not The Real deal AMA Arenacross. Its a race around a mudbog pit.. the AMA does not do regional events anymore. Here is the web site...
http://www.badboysofarenacross.com/

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
AHAAAA! That would explain the difficulty in finding information? Never heard of him, Beckley? They sure look busy! So back to Hammond. I heard, Brian Ripple is building the track, should be done Tuesday? The Reads are handling the rest. That Sunday schedule sure looks insane, they may get out around midnight?

bry9

Mar 8, 2003
HAHA.. Hopefully not 12 am..... Brian is not building the track. He has a builder flying in today..

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Massa used to build Brad's practice tracks. Brian used to be involved in the lake county fair race? I thought Massa used to build them also, till Vaughn moved in? Who is the builder flying in?

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not Rich Lucas? Just found this morning: 1-10-2009, Hoffman Estates, Il. AMA Arenacross racing returns! The real deal!
YOU KNOW HIM!!! I have been looking for my friend for a long time! to no advail have I found him! you KNOW HIM!!! IM ME WE GOTO TALK!!!

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
Richard lucas knows me as Crash, Crazy John...lol the ghost rider...

Spizz5

Dec 26, 2008
Wow, you guys are bringing back great childhood memories for me. I too spent many days riding the "ports" and the surrounding area of River Oaks.
Crash, you bringing up riding down Greenwood in Dolton is unbelievable. I have ridden that trail thousands of times and spent many days at Owens as well. I`m sure we know each other or at the least rode together at some point.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
74 to 82 the mall area was popular. From 78 on I ran #107, red honda 250. There are quite a few locals still out and about.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Crash, i know rich,
he used to come into the shop..

I havn't seen him in some time though.
He got hurt really bad..quite awhie ago.
very serious injuries.
I don't believe rides at all..anymore. (and is not supposed to )

as far as riding spots in and around hammond ,, there still are a lot of them actually..
just have to know ..

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its hard to believe Griffth is still open. The Sewell's really cut up that sand! But, you have to know where to park! I heard Samalia finally closed, all them tracks down by double stuff? Good winter/spring training! I can not force myself to break away with 25 dollars a pop to go watch the carnage in Hammond, 50 for pit passes? No way I would go by myself, times 4 people, nah. Under a minute track lap, and the 250f's are staying in first gear! But all the local pros showed up, from what I heard. AJ, where's that KXAF sitting at, the MAIN shop on Hohman?

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Bob,
naw the KXAF in the photo sold awhile ago..

though i 'm always in the middle of building another one ..
I seldom have one *complete* unless it waiting for the shipping company to pick it up..
:)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I see one of your CR's is going big new years eve in Las Vegas! On national tv! Sure Greg does not need a 140 hp quad? He would look good going 55 in the left lane out to Ottawa!

WAYNZWRLD

Jul 20, 2003
Hammond Civic Center Arenacross

:coocoo: Went to the race on Friday nite, way overpriced! $32 for Mezz, $27 for balcony, $4 slice of pizza, then they wonder why they don't make a profit. This is what kept most people away, not the weather. $15 across the board would of been sufficient for admission, maybe $10 for kids 12 and under, then there could be extra spending money for food, t-shirts, etc. There were some good races, gnarly crashes, your usual Ripple whinefest, and lots of humor. 3 quads in one race running over eachother with one racer showing ass-crack the whole way. CLASSIC! The promoters were talking about bringing it to the Gary Genesis Center in January. They could probably make the track a little bit bigger there, but who likes to go to Gary for anything and have to worry if there vehicle is going to be safe let alone their lives. I do hope things work out for them though, at least they are trying to provide something during the winter before Supercross begins. They just need to rethink things and stop gouging the fans.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am guessing they charged per what the ultimate fighting shows were bringing in? I have been to some in Illinoise, its pricey! Downtown Gary now? Unfrigging believable! Well, at least its easy access to the tollroad! Motoplex pulled in a nice crowd, not to pricey, and the track was a bare minimum. Match it, or do not bother. Back in the day, I used to go to Ohio, I forget what spec on the map, couple hours east of Indy? Dead middle of winter, a small live stock arena. Normal race prices, a track you can get a couple of gears, perfect. Watermans, this is an mx track indoors, plenty of indoor pit area, they do not gouge spectators, normal fees.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…