Arm Pump... Bars??

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
OK, Here is my issue. Well as long as i had my 99 kx125, after a good 45min on the track or say 1hour at race speed in a harescramble I get arm pump.. Now i'm fit and work out regularly, but it always seems to happen. Well this weekend i let my buddy ride my bike. After about 15 minutes he came back complaining about the pump.. He said he never ever gets it riding his 97 kx125.
So i figured to take a look at the 2.. I did ride his bike yesterday for
a good 30 minutes and did notice no real arm issues..

So besides the years, this is what is different, and i'm only going to list the things that i think would matter..

His bike is a 144 now mine is still a 125..??... He uses High KX bar bends and i use low KX bar bends.. We run about the same air pressure in the front tires and brands...

Also i'm 6'2" so maybe it is that i should be running high bars.. But anyway what do you guys think??

Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Sounds like you figured it out... If the high bend works for you, put them on your bike.

I doubt that there is a single "fix" that will fit every rider or bike..

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Yea i'll give that a try. Just was wondering if any buddy has been down that road.. Thanks Indy.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
My experience has been that only riding more often will fix arm pump, nothing else seems to make a lasting difference. I found that when riding someone else's bike I wouldn't get it as bad until someone pointed out to me that I wasn't pushing it as hard.

Once I did that, the arm pump level was no different.
If you're turning 30 minute mottos before you notice it on an MX track, you're in great shape.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
HajiWasAPunk said:
If you're turning 30 minute mottos before you notice it on an MX track, you're in great shape.

After pushing hard for 30+ min something has got to give. Rather get arm pump than knee pain IMHO.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
HajiWasAPunk said:
I found that when riding someone else's bike I wouldn't get it as bad until someone pointed out to me that I wasn't pushing it as hard.
=

That could be it.. My buddy might have to push my bike harder since he is used to the 144 power spread on his bike.. and i could ride his just as fast but relax more. Still going to try the bar bend just because, well bars bend! and it's good to have extras :nod:

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Solid State said:
After pushing hard for 30+ min something has got to give. Rather get arm pump than knee pain IMHO.
Yea that's true.. I had ACL's done in my knees... But still i ride enough and during a harescramble i pretty much have to stop for a few or i'm most likely will be taking a soil sample. I due drink all my camelback to fast too. Why can't i just be a pro with no issues.. :rotfl:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It could be that for your size, the high bend puts you in a position on the bike that is more comfortable and helps you relax on the bike.

There's only one way to find out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…