lit549

Jan 11, 2010
I havent rode in awhile,so now I can ride for 30-40 minutes and 10 into it I get the worst arm pump!Am i just dehydrated or what?What can I do?Im riding in a Gran Prix this weekend,and I am really not looking forward to the arm pump>>>>

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Breathe...

Arm pump is due to a lack of oxygen to your muscles.. grip with your knees, and loosen up your arms, and don't forget to breathe. I have to wear the stupid strips on my nose and remind myself to breathe.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
lit549 said:
ha--thats cool,ill try that>come to think of it,i dont think i breathe when I ride..lolthanks!!

It sounds goofy as hell, but if you have to, talk to yourself.. Tell yourself to breathe.

Jan 31, 2010
try the protaper fat bars with the pillow top grips.it has cured my arm pump completly, also you can fill the bars with that spray in insulation and that will help reduce the vibration. hope this helps

lit549

Jan 11, 2010
last post

How funny!That's exactly the bars and grips I just put on!I haven't got to ride yet,every time I have 2 days off,its raining or snowing.I may try the foam also,Cause I really get the worst arm pump ever!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
More seat time and breathe properly. And that means through your nose, not your mouth. It will go away, it always does. Till the next lay off and return. Vintage Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom