dcatt

Dec 12, 2000
Yes, I have used type F for years, with no problems so far.
I also change it much more frequently than normal because it is so inexpensive. But I haven't had any problems with the tranny or clutches.
One time I bought some Bel-Ray trans. oil and tried it and couldn't tell any difference, actually, it seemed to feel more notchy during shifting compared to the type F. But I'm sure that Belray would say that I was crazy for saying that, but I know how it felt. And the Bel-Ray cost about $6 compared to $1.

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
no no no you dont want tranny oil look at your owners manual it says in black and white about 5 times use 10w40 motorcycle oil. sure tranny oil is cheaper. but a new clutch is a lot more about $400.00 more !

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I had Bel Ray gear oil in there and it was terrible. So by reccomendation I switched to type F. Worked much better. And no, it wont wear your clutch faster. One time my shift lever got stuck in 3rd gear on a trail and I had to continue to ride. I slipped my clutch so much I boiled the type F and I could no longer engage my clutch. as soon as it cooled down I could ride it again(even on the same ATF!) but changed the fluid out anyways. In that case I think the ATF actually boiled before the clutch plates could wear eachother out. I'll stick with ATF, thank you.
-John

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I've run Dextron in all the 2strokes I've owned over the years without incident. There's been alot of discussion on this as well.

Top Bottom