Aug 11th HS @ Casey Ill (LTM)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I am planning on going back to Casey to run in their Aug. 11th HS (after swearing I'd never go back :) ). Anyone else want to join in or planning on going? AJ, I'll bring Speedy along if you want to hang out for awhile? Actually she is contemplating racing also.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Actually she is contemplating racing also.
Aimee, what's to coontemplate? Just treat it like an agressive trail ride. Can't be any worse than the second half of the Wild Piglet.

Eddie - Is this a harescramble, enduro GP or what? How did you do in the last race? I did my first GP (Carlsbad GP) a few weekends ago and had a blast. I think I might like the GP's better than the enduros.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
HS = Harescramble. It'll be my 3'rd, first two results were mid pack +30 B class (Casey, where most people cut the course) and then mid pack 200 C class (Flat River Grand Prix - would have been the exact same position in the 200 B). Still trying to figure out what class I belong in. Trophy hunters galore out here :) The race will be 2 hours and probably 90-100 deg temps, I think that may play a big role in whether she races or not.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Yeah, I could see the temps being a problem for Speedy.

Damn trophy hunters wreck it for the honest guy like us. I don't think I ride like a begginer but if I didn't enter the begginers class in the GP I would have been totally smoked. As it was I took 11th out of 19 and got beat by a chick. She rocks!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
hey eddie,

get all practiced up! our next HS race is that very next weekend! the 18th........GSR needs to race that one to! Hell she already has been introduced to our timber! no problem!

wardy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Wardy - Sounds great - Its @ Fox Valley right, the place we came to? Sunday I am guessing? What time does the race start? Signup? I know - I'll check out the website but I thought it'd be cool for some folks if the info was right here.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Can't be any worse than the second half of the Wild Piglet.

There is nothing at Casey as hard as the Creek (except a certin dirt bank ;) )

Aimee, just race. You know the place & You know you can do it, so just do it!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
There is nothing at Casey as hard as the Creek (except a certin dirt bank ;) )

Funny you should mention that John - Aimee and I were just talking about your little launch into the far side of that bank a couple days ago. Good times my friend :) Really too bad you are the only person in your club competent enough to put on a race :p ..........we'll miss you at DW!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Really too bad you are the only person in your club competent enough to put on a race :p ..........we'll miss you at DW!

Actually I am one of the lesser player in my club. It's just that I gave my word that I would be there.
Timekeepers is a small club (20-25 members) & our race in October is the first race of the fall series. We will probably have close to 1000 riders on that weekend, so I kinda feel I need to be there Saturday & Sunday at least.
I've been trying to scam my pilot friend into flying to Ok on Monday & flying back Friday afternoon. We have done things like this before. We took our bikes in his plane to Boise once. It was cool!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…