Australian '02 kdx200

Charge

Apr 5, 2003
I just bought a new 02 kdx200 and so far am very happy with it. However I want to put a torque pipe on it, as I trail ride mainly in 1st-4th gears. I has a look at prices and they're way expensive-like A$480. I had a look at a USA website that had them for US$180. They would be the same pipe wouldn't they (FMF)?It would be cheaper to get one sent over from the US.
Also do the aussie kdx's use the same carbs as the US ones, because I swear that i saw the the US ones were 33m whereas mines 35mm?
What jetting settings do Aussie kdx riders recommend, because like every kdx it's very rich as in i don't even use the choke to start it even if it's like <10c.Plus it fouled the plug after doing about 30 minutes of really slow riding.
Last thing, any restrictors in the intake or exhaust? I've already taken the airbox snorkel out, but i read somewhere that it had a restrictor in the exhaust and throttle cable that only enabled it to use half throttle (I don't think that's true).

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Charge - the 200 uses a 35mm carb, the 220 a 33mm carb. I know the carb on the NZ & US models differ (how, I don't know, but that came from my dealer).
When you take into account the $ conversion & postage, it's probably around the same price for the pipe (and less hassle).
Jetting: no idea, what area are you riding in, & what altitude?
Restrictors I think are only in the earlier model KDX's, or at least in the SR (street legal with metal tanks), not the "normal" ones.
Putting an aftermarket pipe & muffler on makes a huge difference. Definitely a "must have" mod.
Hope that helps some & have fun :)

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Canadian Dave says that the stock pipe can be improved to give more power throughout the rev range by removing the insulation from the main belly of it. I'd try that first before plunking down hundreds of dollars on a pipe.
Turn your air screw out enough so that it don't want to start without the choke.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…