kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well i was thinking about this and there are only a few negatives. There is no reving the bike, and they are around $500. I think you may be happier with buying a stelthy flywheel weight. They are $100 new but im sure you can find a used one.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
For me, auto clutches work great.
If there isn't one on the bike when I buy it, it's the first mod.

GRP

Oct 14, 2005
Ditto. I had one on my KTM 200EXC and it was fantastic. I just got a Honda CRF450R and it was the first item I bought for the new bike.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I have one on a KDX200 and its great. Different....... but amazing. You can dead stop or take off on ANY hill and go right on up the hill with no wheelspin or stalling. It may not rev like you are used to right off idle but you don't really need to with the autoclutch...........It just tractors right on up. You can ride much more agreesive and lock the brake up into corners and it will not stall. It will pay for itself after a while just in tires alone. The power is put to the ground and you will not spin them and wear them out as quickly.

Mr.Ridesgreen

Jan 7, 2007
hi;everybody (new member here) .... i ride enduros and hare scrambles back here in south central pa (alot of rocks,hills,ruts,ete) and im tired of getting the famous arm pump that alot of riders experience,so that said im thinking of converting over to an auto clutch system. my ? is has anybody used this system setup in any competition event ie; enduro/hare scrambles and if so what mfg did you use (revloc or efm) and the mods you might of made.....tks Mr.ridesgreen (not orange)

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Most of us get arm pump, but not from shifting. I never use the clutch on a KDX except to start and maybe on a bad hill if I really mess up. You just do not need to use the clutch to shift. I am on my fourth KDX. Ride safe and grinn. John

zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
John Harris said:
Most of us get arm pump, but not from shifting. I never use the clutch on a KDX except to start and maybe on a bad hill if I really mess up. You just do not need to use the clutch to shift. I am on my fourth KDX. Ride safe and grinn. John

I agree. When I'm out in the woods I dance all day on the shifter with very little clutch use. KDX transmissions are pretty tough. Use it mostly for starting and stopping and to raise the revs when it starts to slow on a tough hill. Rock on.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I think I came across as telling you how to ride--sorry. I found that gearing down (in my case with a 12 tooth countershaft) and later a flywheel weight made clutch use in the tight or steep stuff almost unecessary. Cheers John

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom