saratogatc

Jul 22, 2002
Has anybody had long term experience using 100 octane low lead avgas in your 2 and four stroke bikes, and were there any detrimental results?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I fixed the links. :thumb:

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I read those threads the first time they were up and found that they were just a little too over my head to understand well. Apparently time has done me a service in this case though.....I almost feel as if I'm not totally lost......well, almost :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I used to use Avgas with an additive in my flat track dirt cars with great success. But a V8 has a long intake tract. It also runs at different heats and loads than dirtbikes. It also won't break the bank in a dirt car, as high dollar fuel sure will when your ride eats up about ten gallons for a heat race.
I've had alot of experience trying to make Avgas work in a dirtbike engine to no avail. It will run ok and is a consistant fuel, more consistant than pump gas...but you will not be able to achieve maximum throttle response and no matter what you do or how crisp you jet, it will still spooge like crazy. A man who doesn't understand jetting technique will drive himself crazy with Avgas and will always end up where he started.
Save yourself the trouble and don't even try it, unless you can get no other fuel except 87 octane, then I'd say go for it. 92 ron/mon pump fuel will give you a much better result in a dirtbike.

breezy

Oct 6, 2002
I began using Turbo Blue leaded 116 in my Cr-250..

It is noticable snappier and more responsive.

I had to lean out my main by 1 size...

Best bang for the buck I've spent..

RF :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom