Bagging Motocross Action

BIRDDOG

Dec 21, 2001
I see not to many like MXA. I agree with many of their tests being biased. I read tests on many bikes I owned and did not agree at all.
94 yz250 "sleeper motor" 96 rm250 "shootout winner?" 99 cr250 "pro oriented motor" 01 cr250 "down on power" 02 cr250 "electric motor?"What the heck is an electric motor? a golf cart. Anyway what mags do you guys think tells the truth and is unbiased. I like Dirt Rider

92cr

May 18, 2002
I've always preferred dirtbike magazine.They seem to be the most level headed.Especially since Ron Lawson became editorin the early 90's.I agree that MXA is biased especially in favor of yamaha's and about as anti-suzuki as you can get.For some reason they think their opinion is fact and nodoby else matters.Their shootouts from 98-00 have been a joke.Their nothing but clips from their tests thrown together.And I've never seen anyone repeat more articles over and over again.Somehow these gurus can predict the future by saying that suzukis will always have headshake.Also they seem to be able to tell if a rider is trying or not and then they blast him with negative press.I could go on and on about these clowns.Thanks for letting me vent!

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
I read them all , but like Dirtrider the best. Any of them can seem biased , nobody is going to agree on everything. MXA has done a lot of repeat articles and they are not what they once were. Magazines are not the only motorcycle related things that can seem biased , I guess it just depends on your outlook on things.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Wakisashi
Magazines are not the only motorcycle related things that can seem biased , I guess it just depends on your outlook on things.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: Cry me a river Pat. :silly:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
on no...not again! Haven't you guys figured out yet that you aren't supposed to read the print?

Just look at the pictures and be happy!

sheesh! :|

Jammertime

Dec 30, 2001
I like Dirt Rider, but I still read Motocross Action because they have some good things in them, but Motocross Action is the biggest Anti-KTM to ever walk on the earth. :|

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by motometal
on no...not again! Haven't you guys figured out yet that you aren't supposed to read the print?

Just look at the pictures and be happy!

sheesh! :|

Yeah, but Transworld Motocross and RacerX are the only mags that have decent pictures, and they're also good reading too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom