base gasket keeps blowing out

clw

Dec 29, 2000
On the ol '87 KDX the base gasket after a few hours will poke out the front and cause an air leak. Anyone else have or had this problem? Solution. Is there a good sealer that will fix this and still allow the cylinder to be removed later?

clw

Dec 29, 2000
Yes, I'm sure it's OK. There's a lot of smoke ejecting pretty far out the bike of the bike and plenty of pressure against my hand at the silencer.

This is the gasket at the bottom of the cylinder where it bolts down onto the cases.

kdx Clark

Mar 18, 2002
Sounds like either the case or the jug is warped. Have you put a straight edge on both to determine that?

kdx633

Aug 12, 2003
permatex makes a product called hylomar its blue sticky stuff that does'nt harden at all.removal is painless wo'nt leave any hard to clean residue and will hold any gasket from blowing out it is really good stuff.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
I had a similar problem, only it's because the front side of my cases aren't matched up exactly. I did the same thing kdx633 did. Problem no mo'.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…