Beginner here... Need help!

snoogans

Aug 5, 2006
Hello,

First of all, you guys have a nice forum here... Better than the ones I've checked out. I've been wanting to get into MX, but couldnt due to lack of finances. But now, I have the chance to and its got me real excited. Of course, I have the common question to ask: What bike is suited for me? Heres my info...

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

1) I'm 5'9'' (maybe close to 5'10" now...), weigh 165-170
2) I played football and basketball for 5+ years. 1st string center for football if that counts for anything lol.
3) MX/SX tracks
4) No
5) I eventually plan to as I gain experience.
6) I'm somewhat mechanically inclined.
7) Which ever is suited for my experience, which is none.
8) There are plenty of dealers with all the main brands (Honda Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki).
9) $2500 and less. Don't want to buy new.
10) Nope

Thanks for the help!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Any color 125 ... just shop around, go look at the bikes, sit on them, get a feel for it. They are all good. The differences in performance and handling you may hear about are from experienced riders, you won't know the difference and one that may have 1-2 more HP won't make you any faster. What will matter most is how well the bike has been maintained.

mr bojangles

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 3, 2006
yea really from a beginners standpoint the only difference is color. they are all fast enuf to hurt you. just find one in good condition

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
At that price I would think you could get a 2002-2004 125 in very good condition. I found my 02 for $1500 a year and a half ago. The graphics didn't look that great but the motor had been well maintained and the tires/sprockets/etc were in very good condition. There are still 02's going for $1500 and more today.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…