know_fear

May 19, 2000
I had a great ride last Sunday but a "minor" crash resulted with bent bars:( Can aluminum bars be trusted after straightening them or do I have to toss them and get new ones? I have no idea what brand or alloy they are.
At least my protective gear worked well. I was able to keep going with minimal lost time.
Thanks in advance.

Eric82930

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
strongest non-fat bar?

I have had friends who bend them back many times, although after a while one pair broke. but it was a pretty hard impact.

I know fat bars are stronger but what are some opinions on the strongest standard aluminum bar?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
bending

Bars can be bent back into shape, the problem lies in that where the damage occurred it creates a stress area (weak spot) when you bend them back that can be prone to failure in the future. This means that if severe enough your bars could snap while riding and cause a nasty crash. I've bent bars back with no problems but it's just a little something to think about.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
OK I'll try bending them back but Eric82930 had a good question. If you don't want to change your bark busters to fit fat bars, what brand of standard size bars are the strongest?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You can buy cheap-o bars to last until you get better ones, don't ride with bars "bent back", they really aren't safe.

TAG X5's are VERY strong standard size bars.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom