Bent rim

JasonKDX

Mar 16, 2002
Let me start off by pointing out that I am pretty new to the world of dirt biking and have found this forum EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks to all.

Last year, I managed to put a pretty nice ding on the front rim of my 95 KDX 200. The front tire is holding air and the bend in the rim doesn't seem to be causing me any problems....yet. I have also noticed that a ton of my spokes (on both the front and back) are loose and seem to be rusted to the point of "no tighten". My question is this: If I end up needing to buy a new rim(s), what is the best route? I was thinking of buying some black Excel rims and some new spokes and hoped to be able to reuse the stock hub assembely for each wheel. Is this possible? Thanks!

ava

Apr 13, 2002
go to planet klx under the classified if you like gold excel rims thiers a fella who selling a set for klx the same as kdx rims he offered to sell them to me for $150.

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I would PM our very own DRN Sage. He does rim work at a reasonable price. There are some here that lace their own, but most do not have the tools or setup. My 02.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
i have noticed the same thing on my rear wheel. can't tighten the spoken nipples due to oxidation between the spokes & nipples. I have actually bent spokes trying.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I went through this a couple of seasons ago. After the nipples rust up and the spokes loosen you have to bite the bullet and relace with new spokes. Fredette Racing carries an aftermarket HD rear spoke set. Thicker than stock, and much less than the dealer charges for OEM replacement.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…