202KDX

Nov 4, 2008
I recently wrecked on my KDX and bent both rims, so I am looking to replace them, but I don't really know how I should go about it. I am asking for some advice on what you guys would do. They are the stock aluminum rims 80/100 & 100/100 18" & 21" 36 spoke. The bent flare is about 3-4 inches long, protrudes maybe 1".The Spokes look like they're fine.Tires hold air.
-I have herd you can and you can't fix the "flare" on an aluminum rim, with fire/heat. What is your thoughts on getting this done? Does it compromise the integrity of the unit? Does anyone know of a reputable business that I could send my rims to, for this.
-Will other models of the kawasaki fit my bike. I've found that from 96 to 2005 KDX 200 and 220's will fit.
-I have done some research for replacing just the Rim and the prices are outrageous, 200+ dollars Each. Then I would have to pay for the spokes to be strung, (40 or so each? Is that a good guess?)which would push the total price over 500+!
-I have found a complete front and rear used for about 350. Is that a pretty good deal? Or should I keep searching for a better deal?
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
I just replaced the back rim and spokes and nipples for my 99kx125 by myself it was cheaper than bying new rims or used for that matter. The old ones had to be cut off as they were pretty rusted on.It was pretty complicated at first but once I understood the truing process it took about a 1/2 hour. 350 sounds pretty good for 2 rims. I paid 82.00 plus 65.00 for spokes and rim for one back tire. mechanics charge 40.00 here if all they have to do is true them. E-bay was where I found the best deal and these were new pieces, so check there and googgle helps.

Last edited:

stevewr450f

Nov 22, 2006
Check ebay often. Just got complete rear wheel assembly for $200 with shipping included. You have the entire winter to hunt down good deals.

Or if you really like black rims, this would be the time to buy the bling excel rims.

rkjaco

Mar 7, 2006
kdx wheels

Today might be your lucky day. I was looking for other KDX stuff on nationwide craiglist/google and remembered your post. Its for a set of KDX wheels for $200 down in Cali

For some reason I could not cut and paste any links. Just google sfbay craiglist, when that pops up click on motorcycles and then type kdx wheels in the craigslist search and you should find it. Good luck

Top Bottom